Director of Youth Ministries
Cross of Glory Baptist Church
4600 Shady Oak Road
Hopkins, MN 55343
Purpose: Our vision as a church is to lead the members and attendees of Cross of Glory into
becoming fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The goal of this position is to lead our youth
into maturity in Christ. The specific purpose of this position is to provide leadership to our youth
Position summary: The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for development and
implementation of a balanced and effective ministry serving grades 6 – 12. The primary
responsibility is that of developing the group life, discipleship, and outreach of the Cross of
Glory youth. This will involve presenting the gospel of Christ, building relationships with youth,
developing youth leaders, planning and implementing activities and outreach events and leading
through teaching God’s word.
1. Pursuit of a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. In agreement with our doctrinal, vision and core values statements.
3. Genuinely concerned about youth and enjoy being with them and investing in their lives.
4. Commitment or calling to youth as a ministry.
5. Has completed at least an undergraduate degree in youth ministry or youth related work,
with at least 3 years of ministry or equivalent.
6. The ability to lead a balanced youth ministry which includes dynamic, active
programming for youth.
7. A self-starter with the ability to support, motivate and lead youth and adult volunteers.
8. Competent and comfortable in communicating with students and adults
9. Basic computer skills with the willingness and ability to stay familiar with current
10. The ability to develop and communicate a compelling vision.
1. Relationships – Be personally involved in a relational ministry to our youth.
A. Establish and maintain a healthy, caring and discipling relationship in a “safe”
B. Develop a plan for involving other leaders in relational ministry for personal contact
with each youth.
C. Build community among the students
2. Discipleship – Teach and organize quality teaching of God’s truth.
A. Teach Junior and Senior High youth on a weekly basis in a way that students are
open to the message and receive it.
B. Organize and select curriculum that is balanced, relevant and Biblically based to
prepare students for living in the real world.
C. Recruit, equip, support and evaluate youth and adult volunteers.
3. Worship and Prayer – Ensure that worship and prayer relevant to youth are part of the
A. Model worship and encourage youth to be involved in worship services.
B. Ensure that meaningful worship and prayer experiences are incorporated into youth
ministry at a variety of levels.
C. Attendance in all worship services, participation in services as directed by the Senior
Pastor and available before and after services.
4. Ou treach – Provide programs that train youth to reach out and serve others.
A. Ensure that youth and volunteers receive training in evangelism and service that
inspires and equips them to meet the needs of others.
B. Plan and implement regular opportunities for service locally and through crosscultural
C. Be actively involved in community outreach focusing on ministering to youth in their
5. Student Involvement – Initiate and oversee student leadership training and
A. Involve youth in planning, implementing and evaluating regular youth ministries.
B. Connect youth with a wide variety of involvement in church ministries.
6. Family – Develop a ministry that is sensitive to family concerns.
A. Provide counseling and care for the youth and their parents in a loving and
B. Help families be involved in the spiritual formation of their student’s life.
7. Communication –
A. Communicate regularly (meetings, calendars, phone calls, current technology) with
parents of youth in a timely manner.
B. Have a solid cultural understanding of the students and a good sense of how to
minister to them.
C. Follow up with visitors.
8. Administrative – Demonstrate timely upkeep on all financial and legal requirements
A. Report to Senior Pastor
B. Stay abreast of current trends, resources, conferences and other student ministries.
C. Participate in weekly staff meetings and scheduled retreats. Work cooperatively with
the pastoral staff and Leadership Team to set and carry out the mission and vision of
Cross of Glory.
D. Define, manage and implement fund raising activities that support youth ministries
and mission programs.
E. Manage all budgetary functions for the youth ministry.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter including a brief statement of
faith along with resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to:
Cross of Glory, Attn: Youth Search, 4600 Shady Oak Road, Hopkins, MN 55343