The Summit is a gospel-centered congregation that believes the gospel informs all things about salvation, growth and ministry. We are based in O’Fallon, MO in a family-centered culture. Our congregation is 14 years old and has a weekly attendance of around
700. The Lord has blessed us with a vibrant Children’s ministry and we are looking for someone to lead and guide this ministry.
More specifically we are looking for someone who is being transformed by the gospel and has a keen gift for communicating the gospel to children. As the Children’s Minister you will have responsibility for oversight and facilitation of the Elementary Program
(K-5) including volunteers and deacons. You should be well equipped in people skills including recruiting, teaching and equipping, have a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience in Children’s ministry.
This position is a full time position offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please fill out the questions below and send your responses; a current resume; and the names/addresses of three references to:
Larry Wall, Executive Pastor
927 E. Terra Lane
O’Fallon, MO 63366.
or email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit Children’s Minister Application
Spouse’s Name (if applicable)
(Please include a current resume with this application)
Practical Ministry (Be as concise as possible in all your answers below.)
1. Where are you currently involved in ministry and what is your role and responsibilities?
2. In two to three sentences, what would your vision for a children’s ministry encompass?
3. How do you deal with failure in ministry? How do you deal with criticism? Talk about both, please.
General Theology (Please Support all the following answers with scriptural sources.)
1. What is the gospel? (I.e. Theologically speaking, not how you would explain the gospel
message to a non-Christian. Be as explicit as you can.)
2. Please give your view of the scriptures.
3. What is our role in saving the lost, and what is God’s role?
- Tell us your story of salvation and your call to ministry.
2. How is gospel reordering and transforming your heart and life even now?
(Give examples and talk directly about the GOSPEL’S affect on reordering and transforming.)
(If you are married, please respond to the question below.)
3. Tell us about your spouse, your marriage, your family, and how the gospel is at work in your spouse, your marriage, and your family.