Job Title: Campus Pastor
Department: Residential/Spiritual Life Department
Employment Status: Full-time/Exempt
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in Bible, Theology, Christian Education, or Youth Ministry is required. A demonstrated desire and commitment to youth ministry with proven relational skills and success with this population is required. Youth ministry experience with teens in crisis is strongly preferred. Applicants must possess, communication/teaching/preaching skills, strong relational skills with staff/students, be dynamic, able to work inter-denominationally, and be able to present the Gospel in a creative, culturally-relevant way to today’s youth.
Reports to: Vice-President of Residential Services
Job Summary: To provide leadership and oversight of the spiritual life of White’s.. To reach students, their families, and staff with the Gospel, and to motivate spiritual growth through the effective combination of relationship building, dynamic chapel programs, and other youth ministry activities. Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs. On campus housing will be provided.
- Spiritual leadership and Chapel Services – Engaging the audience, especially youth, to capture interest and drive spiritual growth through powerful chapel services is critical for this position. Responsibilities include preparation for and delivery of motivating chapel services for youth( and staff). Preparation of such activities requires regular Bible studies, prayer, study of God’s Word, making contacts/gathering resources, preparation of multimedia, Christian videos, etc. Programming must be Biblically sound and designed for youth. Chapel programs must be youth oriented, structured and promote a spiritual foundation of God’s Word.
- Student relationship-building activities(families and staff too) –The incumbent of this position must demonstrate a heartfelt passion for the lives and well-being of teens in crisis, and strong relational / interpersonal skills are essential for effective youth ministry. This individual must: Invest time with the students and staff in order to build relationships;(spend time in 5-6 cottages per week @ 30 minutes/cottage approximately); attend special campus events and mixes as often as possible (i.e., sporting events, community events, campus recreation activities, etc.); and meet with each new student to welcome and talk to them about the chapel program and to generate enthusiasm and involvement in spiritual life programs. Generally the expectations of the schedule and campus involvement will be to work mornings and evenings.
- Driver of change and innovation- The Chaplain must be dynamic and able to effectively influence and develop programs that foster spiritual growth among staff members and inspire behaviors and attitudes that mirror the principles of Christianity throughout the organization. This person will: Serve as a visionary who initiates new approaches and activities that drive the mission of White’s and deepen spiritual experiences; provide leadership and oversight to all spiritual life activities related to residents; monitor and approve all spiritual life activities conducted by staff including on/off campus activities; monitor, approve and assist staff in accommodating requests from staff/students/families for residents to attend church or other church-related activities off-campus; provide guidance and training to all staff working directly with youth and provide them with resources to encourage them to know how to share their faith with and to encourage spiritual growth of youth; lead in the planning of the yearly calendar and participate in chapel team meetings; attend supervisory, staff meetings and trainings as requested. Provide a minimum of three spiritual life presentations/seminars/trainings for campus staff each calendar year; develop and maintain a mission statement, core values and understanding of White’s approach to spiritual life development under the guidance and direction of the Board of Directors Spiritual Life Committee.
- Special events & Activities- Provide leadership and oversight in the planning, development, and implementation of special youth ministry events and activities including, but not limited to: student discipleship studies, staff Bible studies, prayer ministry, hosting visits by youth and church groups, concerts, Christmas programs, clown programs, liturgical dance, etc. Involving students in music/drama ministry at chapel on a regular basis. Involve students in leading worship.
- Spiritual counseling with students and staff. Visit and provide support to students and staff in the hospital and attend funerals.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the administration.
8. Each month, the campus pastor will be expected to present a summary report outlining spiritual life activities (visits, hours, bible studies, special events, etc.) for the prior month. This will be included in the Board report.
Supervision, Knowledge and Ability
* Possessing outstanding relational skills with students, families and staff are critical requirements of this position!
* Must be dependable, well organized and an effective time manager. Ability to develop curriculum and seasonal activities is required.
* Must be personable, genuine, empathetic, and emotionally connected in helping staff, students and relating with students families.
* Must be a “team player.” This person needs to enjoy working closely with other staff members and have the ability to be flexible, adaptive, and positive in his/her interactions.
* Must enjoy and be able to lead a youth targeted form of worship.
* Must be involved in personal Bible study and prayer and be comfortable in spiritual counseling.
* Must be able to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
* Basic knowledge and experience using Microsoft office (word, powerpoint, excel, outlook) and have ability to operate Chapel audio/visual equipment.
* Must be committed to the Mission, Core Values, and Vision of White’s Residential and Family Services.
* Must be certified in First Aid/CPR/MindSet (Training will be provided).
Physical Demands of Position
* Must be able to do considerable walking, participate in cottage recreation, and do physical labor with residents.
* Must be able to actively participate in the physical restraint of students who are in crisis using appropriate MindSet methods.
* Must be able to handle the stress of working with children with great needs and be able to realize you can not reach them all.
* Will work a 40 to 50 hour week. This position requires flexibility in work schedule in order to provide
Spiritual ministry to the residential campus.
- Normal work schedule will be Sunday through Thursday with occasional student activities occurring on Friday and Saturday as well.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus Pastor - 1767MinisterSearch
- Rockford Area, Illinois
- January 21
Campus PastorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Campus PastorBeulah Alliance Church
- Edmonton, Alberta
- January 19
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Whites Residential and Family Services
White’s residential campus, located in Wabash, Indiana is a place where youth grades 6 through 12 have a safe, structured environment to learn academic and life lessons to position them for success later in life. These troubled and hurting children receive a quality education and learn teamwork, self-discipline, good manners, relationship skills, and responsibility.
The campus also provides a close-knit, stable home environment through its houseparent model, rare among residential facilities in More...