RESPONSIBLE FOR: Leading the children’s ministry team in creating, developing, implementing and maintaining an ongoing ministry for children, birth - 5th grade.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for the oversight and leadership of the children’s ministry. This includes Sunday morning programing, Wednesday night Awana program, special events, community outreach, onsite midweek child care.
- Recruit, train, screen, and encourage children’s ministry volunteers.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Train and supervise children’s ministry coordinators to set up for programs, manage the volunteer schedule and lead well.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Be an active member and participant on the pastoral staff team, giving support and ideas when needed. Be the advocate for families/children in the church.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Be a mature, committed Christ-follower who maintains personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
- Should always exhibit professionalism in demeanor and relationships.
- Have a conscientious work ethic. Be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances with composure and flexibility.
- Able to work well with all types of personalities
- Exhibit leadership qualities
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- parent/child dedications
- child baptisms and interviews
- volunteer leadership development
- applications and background checks for volunteers
- recruit, train and encourage volunteers
- build relationships with volunteers and parents
- lead assistants and ministry coordinators
- provide parents with tools for success through trainings/orientations - including weekly emails
- order and plan curriculum
- set up/ run Sunday morning check-in system
- plan and organize special events, family nights, holiday events, kids’ musicals and outreach
BA in a child/education/Christian education related field
3 years of children’s pastor experience in a church of at least 500 members
RESPONSIBLE TO: Administrative Pastor
You can learn more about us at our website www.svcc.net.
Ideally, we’d like to identify our new staff member so they can join our team as soon as possible. We will continue reviewing candidates until we are able to identify the right person. Interested and qualified individuals should send their resumes to us
via fax, or email to:
Diane Pate, Administrative Pastor
Re: Children's Pastor
Salinas Valley Community Church
368 San Juan Grade Road
Salinas, CA 93906
Web Address: www.svcc.net Email Address: email@example.com
Candidates who appear to be a good match for both SVCC and for this position from a preliminary review of qualifications and experience will be contacted.