WHO WE ARE:
Gateway Church is a community of people who are in process. Everyone is welcome at Gateway regardless of what they think about church or God or religion. It was originally started as a church for people who don’t really like church.
Gateway is a safe place for skeptics and doubters to ask their questions. Many people have been burned by church experiences in the past and Gateway hopes that this is a place where everyone can sort out authentic faith with a very real God and begin to experience
it themselves. Gateway is all about doing life together in community, being intentional about personal growth and serving one another and the broader community along the way.
Gateway is one church, but meets in several locations. Services are held in Northwest Austin, South Austin and a new campus in Branson, MO. Convinced that people should do church where they do life, Gateway has recently created
geography-based networks in Central, Northwest, and South Austin, as well as Round Rock and Cedar Park/Leander. In addition, Gateway streams services live every Sunday and connects in online communities around the world.
We’re looking for someone with the ability to develop and lead teams of adult volunteers who will lead and care for elementary kids. This person is a seasoned leader who can build a structure of volunteer leaders who lead volunteers
who lead and care for kids. Essentially, we’re looking for a strong and dynamic leader who can minister to kids
through adult leaders and volunteers. The person in this role must prioritize developing adults to lead the ministry first and foremost.
Our desire is to have eye-catching environments and dynamic large-group services that beg kids to engage and come back; however, EVERYTHING points to a relational ministry where a small group leader is in the life of every kid.
True success is measured in the number of kids connected relationally in small groups.
This Elementary Ninja is part of the NextGen team working closely with the Early Childhood and Student team as part of NextGen’s strategy to reach and equip families. The NextGen team works together, shares resources and operates
under the “Orange” strategy. We seek to lead an integrated NextGen team where ministry silos do not exist.
We believe the right candidate is:
* 100% behind the mission and vision of Gateway Church and willing to do whatever is necessary to see Gateway thrive.
* Excited to serve our specific church community and connect strongly with our unique identity.
* Someone who desires to be a part of a church that isn’t perfect, doesn't have it all figured out, but is willing to go where God leads.
* A team player that thrives in collaborative environments.
* A self-motivated individual who is excellence-minded.
* A leader that develops teams and an organization so that the leader isn’t doing everything.
* Has a passion to multiply Chirst-followers who will serve others, the community and the world.
* Highly relational and enjoys investing in people.
* Has both creative and administrative abilities.
* A person who demonstrates a high level of spiritual and life maturity, regardless of their age.
* A person who strives to follow Jesus in real, everyday ways. Lead first and foremost from their authentic life with God.
* Led ministry 3+ years with more than 300+ kids and 75+ leaders/volunteers
* Bachelor degree
Interested? Check out the full job description at instructions for applying for this position at gatewaychurch.com/employment