JOB DESCRIPTION—MINISTER OF MUSIC
The minister of music is responsible to the church and the pastor for developing
and promoting the music ministry of the church.
Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life.
Love and respect for people.
Attested musical skills and competence.
Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
Sense of humor and positive attitude.
Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
Committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
Minimum five years experience in church related setting.
Formal musical training is preferred.
1. Direct the organization and implementation of a comprehensive church music program including.
choir, vocal and/or instrumental ensembles.
2. Assist the pastor in planning congregational services of the church and be responsible for selecting
3. Serve as a leader in the worship services, giving direction to the congregational singing, choir, and
other phases of worship.
4. Direct major service choirs and other choirs or ensembles as personal schedule will permit.
5. Supervise the work of music staff workers and volunteers. Conduct regular staff meetings for
the purpose of evaluation and planning.
6. Coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
7. Serve on, and work with, church committees as assigned.
8. Plan, organize, and promote events that MIGHT include: concerts, choir tours, mission trips, retreats, festivals, workshops, clinics, and other special programs to enhance the music ministry.
9. Oversee maintenance of the music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, and other
equipment useful in the music ministry.
10. Prepare reports necessary to keep the Pastor and Board of Elders fully informed concerning the music ministry.
11. Assist other staff members in church wide events when available.
12. Assist in the selection and provision of appropriate music for weddings, funerals, special projects,
and other church-related activities when available.
13. Give direction to, and participate in, a plan of visitation and enlistment.
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION REQUIRING APPROXIMATELY 15 HOURS PER WEEK. SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE AND COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Church of the Cross
Church of the Cross is a Protestant, Bible-based, Christ-centered, inter-denominational body of believers. Our congregation come from very diverse religious backgrounds, representing no less than 9 different denominations. Our desire is to make disciples for Jesus Christ by loving God wholeheartedly and loving others (see Matt 28:18-20; 22:37-39). All of our worship, ministries, programs, and efforts will be designed with this vision in our hearts and minds.More...