Holy Trinity-Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Cathedral is a growing, vibrant, progressive Christian community in Birmingham, Alabama. The Cathedral is looking to hire a leader in parish administration. Candidates must be self-motivated, conscientious, detail-oriented and experienced in leading individuals and groups.
MISSION:To implement the vision, direction and policies established by the Dean of the Cathedral and Parish Council.
FUNCTION OF WORK:This position oversees and manages the day-to-day operation and function of the parish under the direction of the Dean of the Cathedral. This position facilitates the work of the clergy, the Parish Council and various Cathedral ministries. It also provides clerical support to the clergy.
LEVEL OF WORK: This is a full time salaried position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
1. Establish, maintain and safeguard a centralized area of parish records.
2. Plan, direct and coordinate all the work in the church office.
3. Oversee and coordinate the work of the custodial staff of the Cathedral.
4. Coordinate training for office volunteers.
5. Oversee and execute all rental contracts for the use of facilities.
6. Assist in ministry leadership and volunteer development.
Communications and Parishioner Services
7. Ensure that the office staff provides confidential and quality service to parishioners who are in need of pastoral care through empathetic listening skills and timely referral to the clergy or other pertinent ministry group leaders.
8. Oversee the publication and timely distribution of the monthly newsletter, weekly bulletin, e-bulletins, announcements, web-site, social media posts, church calendar and other communiqués and church documents.
9. Maintain the church web-site with up-to-date information for all ministries and events.
10.Maintain membership database.
11.Coordinate the development of the parish calendar.
12.Assist the Parish Council in coordinating the work and activities of the ministry team leaders.
13.Maintain the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information.
14.Supervise property and facilities management
15.Oversee the Parish Council maintenance contracts
16.Manage the Use of Facilities policy
17.Coordinate events that occur in the facilities
18.Assist in the routine office work of the parish to include but not limited to:
a. Word processing
b. Publishing or other newsletter software c. Basic data entry
e. Operating office equipment and obtaining routine maintenance and/or repair of office equipment
f. Sorting and processing incoming and outgoing mail g. Answering the telephones
h. Greeting visitors
19.Assist the Dean of the Cathedral as needed
20.Maintain parish records and develop reports as needed in the Shelby software system for the priest, Parish Council or ministries.
21.Assist with special projects
1. Minimum of Associates Degree ; Bachelor’s degree from college preferred
2. High- level skills and experience in clerical work, management and administration
3. Desire to understand the Orthodox faith and facilitate the mission of the church. Knowledge of and/or a willingness to acquire a knowledge of the ecclesiology and culture of our Church
4. Excellent leader and manager of people; knows how to lead individuals and groups
5. Good interpersonal skills; exhibits a positive attitude; enjoys and is able to work well with a wide variety of people; shows support and empathy; is flexible, honest and trustworthy
6. Shows initiative, is self- motivated, proactive in all aspects of the work, dependable, punctual, conscientious, and organized
7. Shows good judgment and the ability to solve problems
8. High level skills in written and oral communication with various forms: newsletters, web-site, social media, etc.
9. Excellent computer skills with a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Shelby or other church database software.
10. Strong organizational skills: Able to set priorities, organized and detail oriented.
11. Financial Acumen
REPORTING LINE: Dean of the Cathedral and Parish Council President
1.To be determined by the Parish Council
2.Annually subject to review by the Parish Council.
3.The Parish Administrator will be paid on a semi-monthly basis.
The following vacation times are based on continuous service.
--1-10 years 10 working days
--11-14 years 15 working days
--15 years = 20 working days
Employees are eligible to take 10 days of vacation after one year of employment. Vacation time may not be carried over from one year to the next.
PAID HOLIDAYS: The Church is closed on the following religious and national holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Eastern Orthodox Holy Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas
SICK LEAVE: Sick leave entitlement starts after 90 days of employment. Five days of sick time are permitted per calendar year. Sick days may not be accrued.
HOURS: The Administrator’s scheduled hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Flexible hours may be determined by the Dean of the Cathedral and/or Parish Council President. There will be a ½ hour lunch break.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Administration/AdministratorThe Jerusalem Center
- Wayne, New Jersey
- October 18
Administrative AssistantChrist Church of Oak Brook
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- October 17
Business AdministratorVintage Church
- Santa Monica, California
- October 17
Holy Trinity-Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Cathedral
The Holy Trinity-Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Cathedral is a growing, spiritually dynamic, and liturgically viable Greek Orthodox Parish in Birmingham, Alabama. Our goal is to help parishioners come to know Christ and discover the treasures to the Orthodox faith. Because of who we are as a church, and what takes place liturgically and through our programs, we feel this goal- by the grace of God-is very attainable. Our door and hearts are always open to all, More...