This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Coordinator: K - 2nd Grade
Appleton Alliance Church
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 11/14/2008
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Christian Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
Discovery Land, the Children's Ministry at Appleton Alliance Church, is seeking an energetic, spiritually strong leader to coordinate the K-2nd grade portion of the ministry.
Appleton Alliance is a growing, Bible-based church that strongly supports Children's Ministry. Discovery Land is a creative, engaging place where kids are clearly hearing and responding to the Gospel!
This full-time position will coordinate the K-2nd grade Sunday program, the mid-week Awana Sparks program, and the public school field trip program.
• A saving, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• A heart to reach Kindergarten-2nd Grade children for Jesus Christ
• A passion for outreach and discipleship of children
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible spirit
• Spiritually and emotionally mature
• Solid leadership skills and ability to cast vision to volunteers and parents
• Ability to handle the physical requirements of programming times
• Degree in ministry and/or Bible preferred
• Previous experience leading or assisting in a Children’s Ministry
K-2nd Grade Bringing the Bible to Life (Sunday School):
• Recruit, train, and encourage volunteers
• Assist in developing and/or enhancing curriculum
• Oversee Sunday ministries for K-2nd grade (average of 200 children during 8:00am, 9:30am,11:00am, and 5:00pm services)
• Continue to build an effective ministry geared toward K-2nd grade students
• Develop the K-2nd grade worship team
Oversight of the AWANA Sparks ministry
• Recruit, train and encourage volunteers
• Assist in setting the vision for this ministry
• Plan themes and special events
• Develop a leadership team to run the ministry on a weekly basis (Sept.-April)
Coordinate K-2nd grade Public School Field Trips (Community Connection)
• Recruit, train, encourage volunteers
• Connect with teachers and set dates for field trips
• Develop a leadership team for this program
For more details on the Discovery Land ministry, go to www.DiscoveryLand.org.