Senior Pastor Announcement
Providence Church is a 100 member multi-ethnic PCA mission church located in Birmingham, Alabama.
We are seeking a Senior Pastor to provide leadership in support our mission and vision.
We are a church plant of Presbyterian Church of America (PCA) seeking a senior pastor for our church mission to help us reach a diverse community. We have a contemporary worship service. We desire our new pastor to equip us to carry out the Great Commission. If you are a motivated, visionary pastor, we just might be the opportunity you've been seeking!
The Senior Pastor’s role will be to provide pastoral leadership that casts the vision for the church and staff. The Senior Pastor will provide leadership that ensures the Gospel message is communicated powerfully toward life change. The Senior Pastor ensures biblical Truths are taught; that our church body is equipped to serve as disciples, and that we’re reaching the community outside our walls for Christ.
Who We Are:
Providence is a vibrant, growing congregation that is right in the middle of the city of Birmingham. We strive to glorify God by upholding His precepts and pursuing our vision with passion. We are here to serve our Lord and live free to serve others. In short we strive to Glorify God and enjoy our lives with Him. It's Your Turn! PREPARE YOURSELF FOR AN INCREDIBLE LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE!
To aggressively pursue the unchurched, equip believers for the ministry of reconciliation, to live in community and both experience and export radical life transformation through the power of the Gospel of grace.
To build a multi-ethnic church by reaching people and making disciples who pursue their dreams and use their gifts to reach the city and the world.
The City of Birmingham is the largest city in the state of Alabama with a population currently estimated at 242,820 and a metro population of 1,079,089. Nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains at the cross-section of two major railroads, the city was once the primary industrial center of the southern United States. At the height of the nation's manufacturing age, the city grew so fast in population it was called the "Magic City." Today, Birmingham has transformed itself into a medical research, banking and service-based economy making it one of the nation's most livable cities. It has a vibrant downtown, a burgeoning loft community, a world-class culinary scene and more green space per capita than any other city in the nation!
Requirements and Qualifications:
Diversity is a core tenet of Providence Church. We are seeking a personable, effective communicator equipped with the sensitivity required to lead our multicultural church. Educational pedigree (Master of Divinity degree) and shepherding experience are crucial to the extent that they will influence the presentation and conveyance of Biblical doctrine. He will be ordained or qualified for ordination within the PCA. The Pastor will share our global vision for Providence Church beginning with an understanding of Birmingham and the significance of a multi-ethnic, multi-ethnic church. Above all, posses the scriptural qualifications of the position as outlined in I Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9.
Essential Functions-The Senior Pastor shall:
• Engage in personal prayer and study of scripture that leads not only to spiritual growth for self, but also for the entire church community.
• Provide visionary and strategic leadership for the life and ministry of the church, bringing discernment and focus to priorities that support the vision.
• Develop the congregation as a ministering body that cares for one another and a missional body that reaches those outside the church walls for Christ (especially since we are a very diverse church).
• Lead, equip, and provide accountability for the Ministry Teams and Staff as they carry out the vision of the church.
• Prepare and give sermons that are relevant, inspirational and challenging to help the congregation understand and learn how to apply God’s word to their lives.
• Fulfill the two sacramental duties of the pastoral office as well as weddings and funerals.
What you need to apply:
1) Ministerial Data Form http://www.faith-pca-akron.com/mdf.doc,
2) Narrative of your own personal testimony and philosophy of ministry
4) DVD, CD, Audio Cassette or audio file of current sermon.
Send application materials to:
P.O. Box 361785
Birmingham, AL 35236
Find out more about our church at www.providencebham.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorEvana Network
- Goshen, Indiana
- January 16
Southwest Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Indian Wells, California
- January 13
Senior PastorImpact Community Church
- Rock Hill, South Carolina
- January 13
JupiterFIRST Church - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jupiter, Florida
- January 13
Lead PastorLife Church
- Canton, Michigan
- January 12
Providence is a vibrant, growing congregation that is right in the middle of the city of Birmingham. We strive to glorify God by upholding His precepts and pursuing our vision with passion. We are here to serve our Lord and live free to serve others. In short we strive to Glorify God and enjoy our lives with Him. It's Your Turn! PREPARE YOURSELF FOR AN INCREDIBLE LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE! More...