Jamul Community Church is in the East county area of San Diego, California and our purpose is to challenge each other to know, love, serve God, our families, our community, our world. Our atmosphere is relaxed and we place high value on teaching God’s word
verse by verse.
The Worship & Adult Ministry Pastor should demonstrate a mature Christian faith and agree on the essential core beliefs of Jamul Community Church. In addition, they should be competent to lead our fellowship in worship through music, mentor and develop a
team of volunteer musicians, and provide pastoral care to the adults in our congregation.
Qualities we desire are:
- Able to shepherd – guide and encourage the different talents within the worship and adult ministry teams, and to do so in a sensitive and pastoral way.
- Spiritually mature – able to articulate their beliefs with reasonable comfort and explain the gospel and how it applies to worship and discipleship
- Musically skilled – able to arrange contemporary music (Hillsong, Chris Tomlin), including contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns. Ability to lead vocally while playing guitar. Ability to play other musical instruments such as piano or keyboard
are a plus.
- Selecting songs for Sunday worship that compliment the morning message, rehearsing with worship team, overseeing sound and stage teams, and developing future worship leaders.
- Will work together with the Discipleship Pastor and Women’s Ministry Director.
- Manage, invest in, support and develop the adult ministry staff which may include Men’s, Small Groups, Events, Community Outreach.
As with any leadership position, this role comes with great responsibility. Therefore, we expect the Worship & Adult Ministry Pastor to:
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God.
- Be above reproach in thought, word, and deed.
- Love, pursue, and pray for the community of Jamul Community Church.
3-5 years experience leading worship in a church of 400 or more people
Experience in pastoral care beyond the context of worship ministry
Experience serving on a pastoral leadership team
This is a full-time position with a base salary that may increase according to experience, education, and/or additional skills or responsibilities not listed in this description. Medical coverage is provided for the pastor and their spouse.
Candidates should send a cover email and a video link from a recent worship service
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org | (619) 669-7203 website: www.jamul.org