The East County Campus Worship Leader will report to the East County Campus Pastor and be responsible for leading the congregation of the Rock East County Campus through creative and contemporary worship, integrating various styles to support the teaching
of the Rock’s Senior Pastor. The Campus Worship Leader will develop, lead, and manage the worship department at the Rock East County Campus. The Campus Worship Leader will assist in the recruitment and training of qualified musicians, singers, and leaders
for the weekend services and special events.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
The primary job functions of this position as listed below. This is not intended as an all-inclusive list; therefore, the East County Campus Worship Leader will be expected to perform other tasks as directed by the East County Campus Pastor.
- Leads congregation in worship for all services on Sundays.
- Directs production and tech teams to ensure excellent service flow and execution.
- Provides direction to multiple worship teams, including musicians, singers and artists involved in worship.
- Coordinates with Campus Pastor and the Lead Worship Pastor on continuity of music with message content and our cultural D.N.A.
- Develops a long-range worship model in collaboration with Campus Pastor and the Lead Worship Pastor.
- Oversees the administrative duties of volunteer scheduling, planning, music selection, and Sunday service preparation.
- Schedules and leads rehearsals for musicians and singers. Leads additional rehearsals for events as needed.
- Creates a worship culture that encourages opportunities for youth to get involved and participate in worship, while remaining young-minded.
- Coordinates music for the production of special events.
- Recruits and equips individuals for leadership in worship and production including non-musical roles.
- Recruits and equips those gifted and called to serve through the ministry of music, production, sound, and creative arts to encourage participation from the church body.
- Supports Campus Pastor with music ministry guidance where other ministries may need development and growth.
- Interfaces with Lead Worship Pastor weekly regarding volunteer recruitment, worship ministry development and other related topics.
- Participates in creative process with central team as needed and initiates a creative team for the East County campus.
- Is available to serve campus pastor in other duties as may be needed.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Must be visionary, progressive, and creative in providing leadership, to be certain that the worship meets the vision of the Rock Church.
- Able and willing to shepherd and pastor the volunteers and contractors involved on Sunday.
- Has a strong knowledge of a wide variety of music and worship styles.
- Must be creative, detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities and motivate volunteers and staff.
- Ability to analyze and resolve specific problems in relation to music, sound, and video.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and apply timely and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the East County Department.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in groups problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Must be able to recognize and maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibit Christ centered behavior at all times by treating others with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity. Christ-centered behavior at all times.
- Follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 for all grievances.
- Proactive participation in the Rock governance system.
- Successful completion of both a background and reference check.
- Professional personality and appearance.
- Regular attendee of a Rock Sunday service.
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events as needed. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church Employee Handbook.
Qualified candidates must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. (with or without assistance), stand and walk for long periods of time, work independently and speak.
All employees of The Rock Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Rock Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an
employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.