The Receptionist serves as the initial point of contact for guests and callers while creating a welcoming environment. The Receptionist will report directly to the Assistant HR Director.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Promptly answers incoming phone calls, greets and screens visitors in a professional and pleasant manner that demonstrates a sincere interest in the individual.
- Creates a welcoming, environment that allows visitors to feel attended to and valued.
- Communicates clearly through phone and direct interaction while properly screening visitors.
- Answers inquiries from the general public by utilizing all available resources and provides timely follow up as necessary.
- Trains Receptionist volunteers and administrative staff on phone procedures while maintaining positive relationships to ensure consistency of excellent customer service.
- Prints conference room calendars and posts scheduled meetings daily.
- Picks up, sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Orders office/break room supplies, maintains upkeep of the kitchen and office supply room.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions to the proper department.
- Performs various clerical duties including faxing, data entry, etc.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Assistant HR Director.
Job Skills and Requirements
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, pleasant personality and able to interact in a positive manner using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, use resources creatively and follow through to ensure effective resolution.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly and concisely.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to empathize with callers in need and promptly direct for further assistance.
- Experience in conflict resolution, ability to think clearly under pressure.
- Must be able to identify and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Works well independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Christ-centered behavior at all times. i.e. treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15.
- Proactive participation in the Rock Governance system.
- Successful completion of both a background and reference check.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance.
- Regular attendee of a Rock Sunday service.
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events as needed. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- A tithe of 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church Employee Handbook.
Ability to function independently and ability to speak. Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of standing up and walking.
All employees of The Rock Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Rock Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an
employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.