Oversees the foundational administrative support that provides a place of sanctuary for anyone who connects with St. Luke. Serves as the administrative assistant to the senior pastor. Provides administrative support for the care and oversight of St. Luke
members and guests. Organizes and directs the administration of the church office including the recruiting, training, and supervising office volunteers to effectively complete numerous administrative tasks. Coordinates building usage. Supervises the Custodian.
Finds sanctuary in Jesus Christ through weekly learning God’s love in worship, living God’s love in a life group, and unleashing God’s love through serving, inviting and giving to meet the hopes and hurts of others.
Provides whatever administrative assistance that the Senior Pastor requests.
Assists the pastor and elders in the care and oversight of the members and guests of the St. Luke family. This includes but is not limited to …
- Participating with the ministry staff in communicating pastoral needs to the pastor and within the congregation.
- Maintaining the Prayer List for the weekly bulletin and providing the Administrative Assistant for Worship with that prayer list.
- Provide the Administrative Assistant for Worship information for the Care Letters.
- Assisting the pastor for funerals.
- Providing administrative support to the pastor for our bereavement response.
- Assisting pastor and elders in preparing letters to inactive members.
- Overseeing our response to guests.
Manages the Church Office. This includes but is not limited to …
- Responsible for overseeing the greeting of visitors and answering the phone, directing calls, and taking messages as necessary.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising office volunteers.
- Overseeing the administrative support for special projects.
- Overseeing the production and distribution of all outgoing and incoming communications, both electronic and print, from the pastor, council members and staff including the newsletter, special mailings, care letters, phone messages and electronic mailings.
- Preparing the annual Synod Parochial report.
- Overseeing the preparation of the Congregational Annual report.
- Maintaining office equipment and supplies.
- Serving as the System Administrator for all Information Systems.
Provides that the member and visitor records are updated in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to …
- Updating the member and visitor records on the database.
- Providing requested reports from the database.
- Maintaining congregational records in The Congregational Record Book, including Permanent Roll of Members, Baptisms, Confirmations, Marriages, and Burials, Congregational Report Summary.
- Preparing letters requesting transfers from other churches.
- Preparing letters of transfer to other churches.
- Preparing a monthly report to the Congregation Council indicating what action is needed to add or remove members.
- Processing the member and guest information collected during worship.
Serves as the staff contact for the Fellowship Team.
Building & Property Management
- Schedules and supervises usage and access of the building and communicates this to ministry leaders.
- Supervises the supply of church keys: Keeps accurate record of who has keys, distributes keys, and actively gets keys back after usage.
- Works with the security company to maintain our security system.
- Works with the Building & Property Team to schedule needed maintenance.
- Maintains a list of vendors who provide maintenance.
- Supervises the Custodian.
- Arranges for the work of the custodian to be completed when he/she is unable to do so.
All other duties as assigned.