The Student Ministries Director will develop comprehensive Junior High and High School Ministry programs, establishing goals and implementing strategies through the power and direction of the Holy Spirit. He/She is responsible to contextualize spiritual growth and evangelism strategies for students in the East Bay. He/She will work with and develop the volunteers necessary to see that the Junior High and High School Ministry are adequately led and managed. It is expected that he/she will contribute to Blue Oaks Church through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, and prayer support.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Develop a teaching team that will study for and teach:
- at weekly junior high and high school services
- at weekly junior high and high school bible studies
- at various junior high and high school campus clubs
- at volunteer meetings
- at parent meetings and seminars
Pastoring families, students and volunteers includes:
- Ministering to students (one on one, school events, sports, etc)
- Ministering to parents
- Training, developing and celebrating volunteers
- Campus visitation
- Small group bible studies
- Church services
- Outreach events
- Mission trips, camps, retreats, and day trips
- Campus bible studies and/or clubs
Administrative responsibilities include:
- Weekly programming
- Organizing mission trips, camps and retreats
- Creating processes in Blue Oaks Online that assist in organizing Student Ministries
- Marketing and communications
- Create new ministry tools
- Develop discipleship materials
- Research curriculum for bible studies
Everything in our Student Ministry must be aligned with our Blue Oaks values, mission, vision and spiritual growth strategy.
- Leading Student Ministry staff meetings
- Recruiting, training and sustaining volunteer staff, including small group and ministry team leaders
- Empowering small group leaders to follow-up and shepherd students
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, parents, community leaders, teachers, and school administrators.
- Meet the scriptural requirements for leadership in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus.
- Show evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5.
- Possess training and development skills.
- Must be able to lead a large group of volunteers, equipping them to do the work of the ministry.
- Action and goal oriented.
- Must excel in ministry commitment, conduct and professionalism.
- Maintain ongoing equipping through self-study and/or seminar training.
- Learner that keeps up to date on trends that affect youth culture.
- Biblically sound and culturally relevant in teaching methods and mediums to reach students.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Outreach PastorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
Youth Director/PastorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1