The Student Ministries Director will develop comprehensive Junior High and High School Ministry programs, establishing goals and implementing strategies through the power and direction of the Holy Spirit. He/She is responsible to contextualize spiritual growth and evangelism strategies for students in the East Bay. He/She will work with and develop the volunteers necessary to see that the Junior High and High School Ministry are adequately led and managed. It is expected that he/she will contribute to Blue Oaks Church through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, and prayer support.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Develop a teaching team that will study for and teach:
- at weekly junior high and high school services
- at weekly junior high and high school bible studies
- at various junior high and high school campus clubs
- at volunteer meetings
- at parent meetings and seminars
Pastoring families, students and volunteers includes:
- Ministering to students (one on one, school events, sports, etc)
- Ministering to parents
- Training, developing and celebrating volunteers
- Campus visitation
- Small group bible studies
- Church services
- Outreach events
- Mission trips, camps, retreats, and day trips
- Campus bible studies and/or clubs
Administrative responsibilities include:
- Weekly programming
- Organizing mission trips, camps and retreats
- Creating processes in Blue Oaks Online that assist in organizing Student Ministries
- Marketing and communications
- Create new ministry tools
- Develop discipleship materials
- Research curriculum for bible studies
Everything in our Student Ministry must be aligned with our Blue Oaks values, mission, vision and spiritual growth strategy.
- Leading Student Ministry staff meetings
- Recruiting, training and sustaining volunteer staff, including small group and ministry team leaders
- Empowering small group leaders to follow-up and shepherd students
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students, parents, community leaders, teachers, and school administrators.
- Meet the scriptural requirements for leadership in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus.
- Show evidence of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5.
- Possess training and development skills.
- Must be able to lead a large group of volunteers, equipping them to do the work of the ministry.
- Action and goal oriented.
- Must excel in ministry commitment, conduct and professionalism.
- Maintain ongoing equipping through self-study and/or seminar training.
- Learner that keeps up to date on trends that affect youth culture.
- Biblically sound and culturally relevant in teaching methods and mediums to reach students.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20