- Are you a high-capacity leader with a passion for serving and leading teams?
- Are you a self-starter with the tenacity of a bulldog when it comes to overseeing projects?
- Do you have an analytical and systems mindset with the ability to build successful teams?
- Are you an out-of-the-box thinker who thrives in a team environment?
If so, you just might be the one we’ve been looking for!
******** APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLINE AT WWW.IMAGINECHURCH.COM/JOBS *******
IMAGINE CHURCH (www.ImagineChurch.com) is a creative, growing church plant with a big vision to help people in our community discover and live out God’s plan for their life. Imagine was launched from scratch in 2011 and, because of our continued growth, we are looking for someone to join our creative and eclectic team to help us continue to reach those in this community we are called to serve.
The primary purpose of this role will be to provide leadership to our volunteer teams and offer innovative and sustainable solutions for growth and discipleship.
This job is not for in-the-box thinkers or the faint of heart! At Imagine, we embrace change and meet challenges head on. We’re a portable church plant so you’re just as likely to be setting up chairs in the school auditorium where we meet as you are meeting with leaders or strategizing over coffee.
Church planting is not easy, and, to be perfectly honest, if you’re looking for a less challenging ministry position with more specific job responsibilities, there are plenty of more established churches out there with better pay and worship auditoriums you don’t have to set up and tear down every week. However, if you scoff at mediocrity and aren’t afraid to fail forward, if you enjoy seeing a new church grow and people come to faith right before your eyes, if you aren’t afraid to risk big for God…you just might be who we’re looking for.
Imagine Church is located in Westfield, Indiana, a growing community on the north side of Indianapolis. Westfield is in Hamilton County – one of the top-20 fastest-growing counties in the country. The city of Westfield itself has tripled in size in the last 10 years and has been consistently rated as one of the best places to live by Forbes and Money Magazine. Westfield is the home of the Grand Park (currently under construction), one of the largest outdoor family sports complexes in the Midwest projected to draw 1.5 million visitors annually.
- A servant-leader that is willing to do whatever it takes regardless of title or recognition
- A proven leader with natural people skills
- Passionate about disciple-making and missional church focus
- Experienced in creating systems that move new believers to committed followers of Christ
- Technology and social-media savvy with solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A multi-tasker, but can follow through and get things done
- Able to make sound, critical decisions under pressure
- A guru at process improvement and project management
- Someone that sees potential pitfalls and the details that others might miss
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects at once, yet still stay focused
- A student of leadership that is constantly learning and growing
YOU WILL BE:
- Assisting in leadership and administration of Imagine Church in order to develop leaders and volunteers
- Needed to complement the strengths of the Lead Pastor
- Regularly communicating with people across a variety of platforms
- Setting up and overseeing our church management system to engage our guests, attenders and volunteers
- Overseeing the development, growth and vitality of our Life Groups
- Asked to deliver relevant, Biblical messages every 5-7 weeks as part of a teaching team
- Responsible for improvement of on-going ministry processes
- Coordinating and overseeing 2-3 large outreach events a year such as our Easter Egg Drop and July 4thFestival
IT WOULD ROCK IF YOU:
- Appreciate good, fresh-roasted coffee (bonus points if you have your own French Press). Certain teas may also apply.
- Take your work seriously but not yourself (bonus points if you’ve ever pranked a co-worker…extra points if you posted it on YouTube)
- Have a deep love and respect for Star Wars (original canon only of course…IV, V and VI). Bonus points if you own a Wookie, Stormtrooper or Darth Vader suit (the only kind of suits acceptable at Imagine)
- Are able to explain why it’s important that Han shot first
- Have ever had to purchase extra bookshelves (bonus point if it was from Ikea) because all your leadership books didn’t fit in the one you had
- Have a documented plan on what to do during a zombie or robot uprising
- Know what a purple cow is and why we want Imagine to be one
- Are proficient on the Mac platform (bonus points if you’ve ever watched streaming or live-blog coverage of an Apple Keynote Address)
- Can trace the Fellowship’s journey on a map of Middle Earth (bonus points if you can name all the Dwarves in The Hobbit)
- Can shoot and edit short videos in Final Cut or knew your way around Photoshop
As you can tell, we take our mission to seek and save the lost very seriously. Ourselves? Not so much. If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job apply below and convince us!
******** APPLY FOR THIS JOB ONLINE AT www.IMAGINECHURCH.COM/JOBS *******
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
Elementary DirectorRiver Pointe Church
- Richmond, Texas
- October 19
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
NSPIRE CHURCH is a bold church plant collaboration between two dynamic churches (Imagine Church and CitySpring) with a passion to breathe life into our city. We are looking for someone to join our creative and eclectic team to help us continue to reach those in this community we are called to serve.