- The Pastor is to serve God and the Church by:
- Providing Biblical, spiritual, pastoral and visionary leadership within the framework of the church’s overall vision, mission, and purpose.
- Promoting the spiritual health, growth and well-being of the congregation through preaching, teaching, prayer, and counseling.
- Be a committed Christian, speaking freely about personal relationship with the Lord.
- Be a person of prayer, a student of the Bible, and committed to personal spiritual growth and convinced of the infallible truths of the Bible.
- Exhibit the qualifications as stated in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Be gifted in building relationships and fostering the building of relationships among others.
- Demonstrate a personal lifestyle which serves as a model for the congregation, balancing commitments to church, family, and self.
- Have a love for the Body of Christ, submitting to accountability and working with the Government of the Church.
- The “Call” to Pastoral Ministry.
- Possess excellent communication skills with a love for communicating God’s Word through preaching and teaching.
- Have a strong conviction, combined with training, to help the church reach the lost for Christ.
- Possess strong pastoral care skills, able to listen and give spiritual counsel.
- Plan and lead services in conjunction with others.
- Administer Lord’s Supper.
- Sunday Morning and Sunday Evening Worship Services, Wednesday Evening Services, as well as special services such as Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve, Biker Sunday, Night of Worship, etc.
- Arrange pulpit supply when needed.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Church Office.
- Attend committee meetings (Budget, Missions, etc.). Meet with staff weekly. Meet with Discovery Kids Directors as needed. Meet with Youth Pastor as needed. Help plan and attend the Annual Meeting.
- Advertising as approved by Board. Seek Board approval for new programs, events, and trips.
- Counseling (Pre-Marital)
- Conflict Resolution
- Ministerial Alliance
- Youth Pastor Mentorship as needed
- Visitation (hospitals, homes, nursing homes, businesses)
- Two days off during the week
- Two weeks of vacation after one year of service (one week can be used after 6 months)
- One week of conference or mission trip per year, with Board approval
PLEASE SEND RESUME IF INTERESTED.