- The Pastor is to serve God and the Church by:
- Providing Biblical, spiritual, pastoral and visionary leadership within the framework of the church’s overall vision, mission, and purpose.
- Promoting the spiritual health, growth and well-being of the congregation through preaching, teaching, prayer, and counseling.
- Be a committed Christian, speaking freely about personal relationship with the Lord.
- Be a person of prayer, a student of the Bible, and committed to personal spiritual growth and convinced of the infallible truths of the Bible.
- Exhibit the qualifications as stated in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Be gifted in building relationships and fostering the building of relationships among others.
- Demonstrate a personal lifestyle which serves as a model for the congregation, balancing commitments to church, family, and self.
- Have a love for the Body of Christ, submitting to accountability and working with the Government of the Church.
- The “Call” to Pastoral Ministry.
- Possess excellent communication skills with a love for communicating God’s Word through preaching and teaching.
- Have a strong conviction, combined with training, to help the church reach the lost for Christ.
- Possess strong pastoral care skills, able to listen and give spiritual counsel.
- Plan and lead services in conjunction with others.
- Administer Lord’s Supper.
- Sunday Morning and Sunday Evening Worship Services, Wednesday Evening Services, as well as special services such as Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve, Biker Sunday, Night of Worship, etc.
- Arrange pulpit supply when needed.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Church Office.
- Attend committee meetings (Budget, Missions, etc.). Meet with staff weekly. Meet with Discovery Kids Directors as needed. Meet with Youth Pastor as needed. Help plan and attend the Annual Meeting.
- Advertising as approved by Board. Seek Board approval for new programs, events, and trips.
- Counseling (Pre-Marital)
- Conflict Resolution
- Ministerial Alliance
- Youth Pastor Mentorship as needed
- Visitation (hospitals, homes, nursing homes, businesses)
- Two days off during the week
- Two weeks of vacation after one year of service (one week can be used after 6 months)
- One week of conference or mission trip per year, with Board approval
PLEASE SEND RESUME IF INTERESTED.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Campus PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Freeport, Illinois
- October 13
Senior PastorCentral Baptist Church Deer Park, TX
- Deer Park, Texas
- October 13
Senior PastorFirst Baptist San Antonio
- San Antonio, Texas
- October 13
Trinity Faith Church
Trinity Faith is a Non-Denominational Full Gospel Church that is in it's 60th year of serving the Lord. We believe in the Trinity and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues. We enjoy contemporary praise and worship and have active Children and Youth Ministry Programs.More...