This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Middle School Director
Westlake Bible Church
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/14/2008
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Please no phone calls at this point.
Facts about the Student Ministry
• We see the junior high and high school as one ministry that occurs in two separate places. We have one vision, one mission to facilitate a 6-year ministry instead of a 2-year junior high ministry and a 4-year high school ministry.
• We currently have about 230 students in weekly attendance (130 high school, 100 junior high)
• The student ministry team is compromised of a student ministries pastor who oversees the team as well as a junior high director, a small groups director for both age groups and an administrative assistant.
• We have a volunteer leadership team of 25-30 college age and young adults
• We believe that life change happens best in the context of small group communities.
• We are committed to doing everything with creativity, excellence, and relevance.
Job Expectations for the Junior High Director
• Reports to the student ministries pastor
• Is a team player committed to the overall vision and mission of the student ministry
• Is committed to loving and reaching students outside the church who do not know Christ as Savior
• Committed to leading, training, and empowering volunteer leaders to effectively disciple students
• Committed to teaching the Word of God and expecting to see students passionately pursue Christ even at a young age
• Committed to creativity, excellence and relevance through videos, games, walk-on characters, testimonies, etc.
• Works with the small groups director to develop small group curriculum
• Committed to communicating with and ministering to parents of students
• Committed to being with students
• Oversees and wisely stewards the junior high budget
Qualifications for the Junior High Director
• Proven experience in junior high ministry with a ministry of 100+ students in weekly attendance
• Proven ability to communicate the word of God effectively to students
• Proven commitment to creativity through the use of arts and technology
• Bible training from an institute, Bible college or Seminary is preferable
• Proficiency in video editing is preferable
• Strong references from those who have seen you do ministry