The Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of students grades 6 through 12. This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events for students (conferences, trips, and service projects).
General Expectations (Qualifications):
- Pursuing a passion for God and his Word.
- A member of First Missionary Church.
- Licensed pastor of Missionary Church, Inc.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field of study.
- Aligns and filters all ministry through the purpose and process of FMC for creating disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Displays Christian leadership by using credibility and capabilities to influence followers to pursue God’s direction for their lives.
- Displays foundational spiritual qualities such as integrity, faithfulness, purity, compassion, submission, discernment and grace.
- Ability to effectively communicate Scripture in relevant environments.
- Ability to proactively and immediately handle small problems before they grow large.
- High level of competency in current technologies, social media, etc. relevant to students.
- Available on site for staff/congregational interaction and working together as a team. Work time to be performed on the FMC campus as well as ministry to students and the community as needed (i.e. school visits, one-on-one meetings, student events, etc). There is an expectation to connect with students on their time schedule.
- Displays accountability to Lead Pastor, Staff, and Elders of FMC.
- Actively promote unity between, and support for, various FMC ministries and leaders.
Essential job functions:
- Lead a team of volunteer staff in the creation and operation of a student ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and ministry as well as special events.
- Responsible for biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy teaching of students.
- Create and manage a student ministry calendar that will drive all activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Identify, develop and disciple student leaders.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending FMC.
- Develop an annual budget for student ministries and manage spending to budget that displays fiscal responsibility and godly stewardship.
- Track attendance of students at weekly programming for reporting to FMC office staff as well as for observing changing trends in individual students.
- Provide students with meaningful opportunities for serving, missions, and outreach. These opportunities are to provide both service to the community/community and spiritual growth for students.
- Strategically integrate students into the life of the greater church body. This will simultaneously expose students to “adult church” and provide positive student visibility to our congregation.
- Stay current on the most effective techniques and best practices for student ministry. Including, but not limited to, developing relationships with other area youth pastors.
- Plan, propose, and develop inclusive student worship and teaching environments that creatively reach diverse groups of individuals within the church and the community.
- Work with Lead Pastor to refine a student ministry philosophy that is consistent with the purpose and ministry process of FMC.
- Ensure personal background and reference checks are performed on participating volunteer leadership prior to ministry/program involvement.
- Establish short and long term goals for ministry area. Effectively communicate those goals and implement strategy for their fulfillment.
- Carefully develop, communicate and maintain appropriate boundaries in student and leader relationships.
- Participate and communicate with other youth pastors in our immediate area for community awareness and involvement.
- Maintains effective communication with all FMC staff and volunteer leaders, as necessary, to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing FMC goals.
- Full ministry oversight of college age ministries and events.
- Attends staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions as directed.
- Function as a member of FMC’s pastor staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as requested by the lead pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned with demonstrated flexibility in scheduling and job assignment.
- Be knowledgeable of the FMC Staff Policy Manual for procedures and record keeping of all expectations and benefits of pastoral staff.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Student PastorStoryline Fellowship
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
Student Ministries PastorCentral Assembly of God
- Independence, Missouri
- December 1
First Missionary Church
First Missionary Church is a growing church with a heart for the people in the Michiana area. We exist to "lead people to follow Christ." That means that wherever you are in your spiritual journey, as you grow closer to Christ, you can be used by God to bring others closer. More...