The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through 5th grade. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management necessary to ensure successful and constantly improving children’s programming and periodic special events.
General Expectations (Qualifications):
- Pursuing a passion for God and his Word.
- A member of First Missionary Church.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field of study.
- Aligns and filters all ministry through the purpose and process of FMC for creating disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Displays Christian leadership by using credibility and capabilities to influence followers to pursue God’s direction for their lives.
- Displays foundational spiritual qualities such as integrity, faithfulness, purity, compassion, submission, discernment and grace.
- Ability to effectively communicate Scripture in relevant environments.
- Ability to proactively and immediately handle small problems before they grow large.
- High level of competency in current media technologies.
- Available on site for staff/congregational interaction and working together as a team.
- Displays accountability to Lead Pastor, Staff, and Elders of FMC.
- Actively promote unity between, and support for, various FMC ministries and leaders.
Essential job functions:
- Lead a team of volunteer staff in the operation of a children’s ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff and teach weekly programs and ministry as well as special events.
- Responsible for the selection and/or development of curriculum that is biblically accurate and culturally relevant.
- Create and manage a children’s ministry calendar that will drive all activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending FMC.
- Develop an annual budget for children’s ministries and manage spending to budget that displays fiscal responsibility and godly stewardship.
- Implement children’s registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services and special events as needed.
- Ensure personal background and reference checks are performed on participating volunteer leadership prior to ministry/program involvement.
- Track attendance of children at weekly programming for reporting to FMC office staff as well as for observing changing trends in individuals.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities.
- Stay current on the most effective techniques and best practices for student ministry. Including, but not limited to, developing relationships with other area youth pastors.
- Work with Lead Pastor to refine a children’s ministry philosophy that is consistent with the purpose and ministry process of FMC.
- Establish short and long term goals for ministry area. Effectively communicate those goals and implement strategy for their fulfillment.
- Maintains effective communication with all FMC staff and volunteer leaders, as necessary, to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing FMC goals.
- Provide leadership and vision to Summer Theatre and other special events pertinent to children’s ministry.
- Attends staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions as directed.
- Function as a member of FMC’s pastor staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as requested by the lead pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned with demonstrated flexibility in scheduling and job assignment.
- Be knowledgeable of the FMC Staff Policy Manual for procedures and record keeping of all expectations and benefits of pastoral staff.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorMt. Olive UMC
- marion, Indiana
- January 16
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Children's DirectorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
First Missionary Church
First Missionary Church is a growing church with a heart for the people in the Michiana area. We exist to "lead people to follow Christ." That means that wherever you are in your spiritual journey, as you grow closer to Christ, you can be used by God to bring others closer. More...