Director of Children & Family Ministries - Job Description
CityChurch is a contemporary, non-denominational church in central Charlotte. We describe ourselves as being “Real, Relational and Religion Free.” We are a warm & welcoming community-oriented church, and, since being planted 6 years ago, we have grown steadily to 250 people. We are in the process of purchasing our own building and, as a result, anticipate even more growth in the years ahead. This is a really exciting season in the life of our church!
Children make up around 30% of our community, and our new building opens up huge potential to develop and transform the ministry we offer to children, and therefore, the community as a whole.
This new role provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced individual to have a huge impact on the lives of our families. We want someone with the self-motivation and maturity to take on this challenge, and who is able to provide solid leadership in this critical part of the life of our church.
The Director of Children & Family Ministries is responsible for development and implementation of the vision, strategy and tactical elements for all aspects of the Children’s Ministries at CityChurch. Specifically, the Director of Children & Family Ministries is responsible for Nursery – 5th grade, family activities/outreaches, and childcare programming during church functions, courses & events.
In keeping with the mission of CityChurch, the Director of Children & Family Ministries will seek to inspire the spiritual life of children by connecting them to Jesus, helping them grow in relationship with Him and then being released into their gifts.
The Role: 27 hours per week
a. Oversee Excellent Children and Family Ministries
- Cultivate a highly motivated, passionate, well-trained volunteer children’s ministries staff
- Establish a comprehensive, age-appropriate plan for spiritual development for Nursery – 5th grade children
- Oversee fun, exciting, Christ-centered kids programs and family ministry events consistent with CityChurch’s overall mission
- Develop, implement and maintain critical processes to ensure safety
- Registration & Check In Procedures
- Volunteer Recruitment, Screening, Guidelines & Training
- Classroom Management & Staffing
5.Maintain healthy relationships and consistent communication with parents
6. Coordinate with other ministries to advance CityChurch’s mission
b. Manage the Administration of the Children’s Programs
- Maintain database of children & families at CityChurch
- Develop and manage Children & Family Ministries budget
c. Leadership Meetings & Development
- Actively participate in weekly Staff Meetings (Mondays, 9:15 – 10:15 am) and strategic planning meetings, as necessary
- Consistently make progress in your own spiritual and professional growth
The Right “Fit”
- Passionate for ministry to children and families and seeing both grow in faith
- Understands, supports, and protects CityChurch’s mission, values, and culture
- Significant leadership experience with this age group in a church setting
- Energetic, dynamic, and relationally-oriented with children of all ages and their parents
- “Go-to” leader with an encouraging, upbeat, positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills able to maintain healthy, motivating relationships with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, in related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 year leadership experience with children/family church ministry
- Reports to Lead Pastor
- Supervises and directs Children’s Ministries Staff & volunteers
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within CityChurch
Salary: Competitive Salary and generous vacation package
Details upon application
If interested please send resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Elementary Program LeaderCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- December 2
Assiant to Children/Student PastorPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
Director of Children's MinistryWalnut Street UMC
- Chillicothe, Ohio
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
CityChurch is a contemporary non-denominational church in central Charlotte. We describe ourselves as being “Real, Relational and Religion Free” and, since being planted 6 years ago, have grown to about 250 people. Our mission is to connect people with the Jesus, help them grow in their relationship with him and then be released into their gifts. This is a particularly exciting season in the life of CityChurch as in early July we shall be purchasing our own building and as a result, anticipate an increasing rate of growth in More...