Indiana Ave Baptist Church functions as a multi-site church with two campuses. Our main church body meets at our South Campus while our College/Young Adult Worship Service meets at our North Campus every Sunday for worship at 11AM. Our College/Young Adult
Worship Service is called "Overflow,” and has become one of the most dynamic worship services in reaching College Students and Young Adults in Lubbock.
The Worship Leader reports directly to the College/Young Adult Pastor of IABC and is responsible to lead the congregation in worship. This role will serve to help build the identity of “Overflow,” in the context of IABC as a whole. The Worship Leader is
responsible for training and shepherding the “Overflow” band(s) and overseeing the worship portion of each service, including musical selection and arrangements. Additionally this position is responsible for the visual and musical aspects of the church service
and oversees the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health of “Overflow.”
- Fulfill the character qualifications of a minister as taught in the Scriptures.
- Philosophical alignment with church leadership.
- Passionate about casting vision and developing leaders.
- Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment.
- Proven track record in ministry and biblical discipleship of others.
- Strength in leadership for the church and band(s).
- Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives changed by the Gospel.
- A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and trust regarding leader and member information.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee leading worship for weekend (includes leading worship every week and band development).
- Oversee all areas of production (audio, light, service management).
- Develop and build bands within the church and train band leaders.
- Shepherd staff and volunteers serving with bands and production teams.
- Select songs and arrangements for weekend service.
- Weekly worship service planning.
- Attend weekly meetings with Overflow staff and leadership team.
- Collaborate with other leaders to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship at Overflow at the North Campus.
- Lead worship for special events (Good Friday, Easter, weekday events, etc.).
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
- Participate in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Participate in local and regional missions.
Feel like this might be a good fit for you? Send us your resume and worship videos to keifer@iCloud.com
For more info, check out our website: www.OverflowTexasTech.com