Students Pastor ~ Bay Hills Community Church
4950 Appian Way El Sobrante, CA 510-223-2500
• Character – Must be a committed growing follower of Christ and a spiritual leader to our youth group/church.
• Chemistry – Must mesh and fit with staff, congregation, and students.
• Competency – Must be able to articulate and implement a comprehensive youth ministry strategy with a minimum of 4 years paid experience in youth ministry.
• Characteristics - Be teachable, intelligent, fun loving, able to handle pressure, have a positive attitude, capable of leading and growing a ministry, able to train others.
• Education - Must have a BA Degree and preferably seminary degree.
• Committed to Bay Hills – Once they have had time to learn about the church they must be fully supportive of our vision, ministry strategy, and leadership.
• Directly responsible to the Senior Pastor.
• Responsible for supervising and training youth ministry team.
• Committed to work as a team with the rest of the church staff.
• Able and willing to communicate on a regular basis with parents.
• Develop a ministry strategy in order to grow our youth & church both numerically and spiritually.
• Have a passion and/or gifting to creatively reach lost teenagers for Christ.
• Intentionally develop spiritual formation plan to implement with students.
• Create mid-week and monthly programs that are both fun and Christ-centered.
• Plan camps, retreats, mission’s trips, special events…
• Be a team player and be willing to participate in church ministries as the need arises.
Church’s Purpose: We exist to help you take your next step closer to Jesus.
Church’s Strategy: Purpose-Driven, Seeker-Sensitive, Intentional about reaching our Postmodern culture, Desire to grow numerically by focusing on developing specific health characteristics and eliminating health barriers.
Church’s Values: Authenticity, Excellence, Creativity, Practical Messages, Team Ministry, Growth, Humor & Fun, “The Lost,” Cultural Relevant, Small Groups.
Current Status: Average Worship Attendance: 650 (11% growth from 2010)
Facilities: Sanctuary & Offices, Christian Education Building, Youth Center Building, Renting facility for Sunday Services due to growth.
Senior Pastor - Full Time
Worship Pastor – Full Time
Children’s Pastor – Full Time
Youth Pastor – Full Time (searching now)
Office Manager – Full Time
Young Adults Pastor – Part Time
Media Director – Part Time
Janitor – Part time
History: Church was established in 1942
Average growth over the past 15 years of 12%
General Ministry Responsibilities
Develop Health Characteristics: Fruitful Evangelism, Inspiring Worship, Intentional Discipleship, Passionate Prayer, Loving Relationships, Gift-Oriented Ministry, and Empowering Leadership.
Eliminate Health Barriers: Sin (not taking it seriously), Stewardship (not enough funds), Space (not enough room), Self-Development (not growing personally), staff (wrong ones), Systems (not organized).
Compensation & Benefits
• Salary: Variable depending on experience, education, and ability
• Three weeks a year vacation
• Moving Expenses
• Medical/Life/Disability Insurance
• Retirement Investment Plan
• Expenses: Books, Seminars, Entertainment, Cell-Phone…
If interested please send…
2. Recent Photo
3. VIDEO Teaching sample (file or link)
Please do not contact ministry staff directly at this stage or respond through church staffing. Email us directly at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Student MinistriesDaniel Island Fellowship
- Charleston, South Carolina
- January 18
StudentLife PastorFirst Christian Church - Canton
- North Canton, Ohio
- January 18
High School DirectorLake Grove Presbyterian Church
- Lake Oswego, Oregon
- January 18
Student Ministries PastorBraeswood Assembly of God Church
- Houston, Texas
- January 17
Pastor of Student MinistriesThe Orchard Evangelical Free Church
- Arlington Heights , Illinois
- January 17
Bay Hills Community Church
Our purpose is to help everyone grow in his or her spiritual journey. Some of those who attend Bay Hills have been church-goers all their lives, others may be coming back for the first time since they were children. Some have never been. No matter what your situation, Bay Hills is a place that you will genuinely enjoy and will challenge you to further connect to God.More...