The Youth Director will report to the East County Campus Pastor and be responsible for recruiting, developing, leading, and shepherding the youth (6th-12th grade) for Rock Church East County San Diego. The Youth Director will develop successful Junior
and Senior High Ministries while also reaching out into the community. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 619.223.3863
complete an application at www.sdrock.com/jobs.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
The primary job functions of this position as listed below. This is not intended as an all-inclusive list; therefore, the East County Youth Director will be expected to perform other tasks as directed by the East County Campus Pastor.
- Develops and manages on-site Junior High and Senior High Ministries.
- Develops and implements age appropriate curriculum that is Biblical and relevant to the youth.
- Coordinates outreach events that target the “un-churched” youth in an effort to lead people to Christ.
- Recruits and trains youth and youth volunteer leaders.
- Implements Youth Community Groups and Campus clubs.
- Develops relationships within local public schools and other organizations impacting the youth community ensure a strong presence.
- Attends all local youth activities and events in the community.
- Ensures that Sunday Youth services run smoothly and the Gospel is clearly communicated.
- Provides guidance to and assists with the growth and development of student leaders.
- Administers general biblical counseling to youth and families.
- Responds to requests from the congregation and community in a timely fashion, ensuring the highest level of customer service, professionalism, integrity and follow through.
- nteracts regularly with individual department heads and ministry leaders to ensure that the department/ministry’s operational priorities are aligned with the Rock’s direction and goals.
- And other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Divinity degree preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of two years of Youth Ministry experience.
- Ability to understand and relate to youth and families of East County.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and apply timely and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the East County Department.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in groups to problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint).
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders and others.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Ability to provide sound, biblical counsel while recognizing and maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Exhibit Christ centered behavior at all times by treating others with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity. Christ-centered behavior at all times.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15.
- Proactive participation in the Rock governance system.
- Successful completion of both a background and reference check.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance.
- Regular attendee of a Rock Sunday service.
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events as needed. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Tithe of 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church Employee Handbook.
Qualified candidates must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. (with or without assistance), stand and walk for long periods of time, work independently and speak.
All employees of The Rock Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Rock Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an
employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.