Job Title: Sunday Kids Ministry Director
Job Status: Part-Time (15-20 hours per week)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Hope Community Church is a Converge Worldwide Church located in Shawano, Wisconsin.
Shawano is known for the recreation around its beautiful lakes and rivers in Northeast Wisconsin, just 35
miles west of Green Bay. The Shawano area enjoys a service area of over 20,000 people within a 15-
mile-radius of the city. For years people have traveled here from larger cities to enjoy the beauty of God’s
creation. Hope Community Church has grown significantly in the last 9 years and now averages over 500
people during our Sunday morning service. We are a loving, welcoming church that continues to seek to
become more outreach focused. www.shawanochurch.org
We are presently seeking a part-time Sunday Kids Ministry Director to join our family and ministry team.
Develops, manages, and directs the Sunday Kids Team to effectively create a kid-appropriate worship
- Create and implement dynamic Kids Worship for 1st-4th graders.
- Lead, oversee, and administrate Preschool Ministry, age 4-Kindergarten.
- Oversee and direct Nursery Staff.
- Manage people and processes well during seasons of change.
- Manage annual ministry budget.
- Recruit and train volunteers for overall Sunday Kid’s Ministry.
- Oversee Puppetry Ministry.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures as necessary within the ministry area.
- Develop and implement projects on schedule, on budget and to meet project goals.
- Build relationships with children, parents and lay ministers.
- Serve on cross-functional teams as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong upfront teaching skills.
- Understand the role of teaching environments for staff, lay ministers and children.
- Strong understanding of theology and biblical teaching in an age-appropriate format.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong relational skills. Able to work with and relate to a variety of personalities.
- Excellent team leadership abilities. Able to build and lead a team with clear roles, vision and
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
- Schooling and experience in regards to leading and directing a team.
- Schooling and experience in regards to Child Development, Christian Education, or related field.
- Teaching and Curriculum Development experience.
- Experience in volunteer recruiting and developing.
- Commitment to organization’s vision and values.
- Member of Hope Community Church.
- Seek to know, understand, support and fulfill the purpose, vision and values of Hope Community
- Genuine, visible relationship with Jesus Christ.
Physical demands and work environment:
Employee must be able to move freely throughout the building. Note: reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested, DO NOT RESPOND through Churchstaffing.com Please send Cover Letter and resume to