This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
H/R & Finance
Farmers Branch Church of Christ
Farmers Branch, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/12/2008
Categories: Family Pastor
Denominations: Church of Christ
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Children’s Minister
Reports To: Executive Minister
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Ministerial
The Family Department’s purpose is to help the children and students of The Branch to grow in an intimate relationship with God. The Children’s Minister is responsible for the development and implementation of people and programming that will help children from birth through sixth grade to live in an intimate relationship with God.
1. Baccalaureate degree in a related field preferred, master degree desirable.
2. Minimum of five years implementing a dynamic, growing children’s, youth or family ministry.
3. Experience with the administrative duties associated with a large ministry staff such as preparing reviews for subordinates, developing annual spending budgets based on ministry goals, monitoring all departmental expenses for adherence to budget.
4. Ability to recruit, motivate, train and equip staff and volunteers necessary to successfully accomplish departmental goals.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Be a happily committed member of The Branch by:
a. Endorsing and supporting the Core Beliefs.
b. Evidencing a commitment to the Core practices and Core virtues
1. Reports directly to the Executive Minister.
2. Coordinates with other members of the church staff, especially the other members of the Family Department.
3. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with lay leaders and ministry volunteers
The Children’s Minister:
1. Works with the Executive Minister to recruit, hire, develop, manage and (if necessary) terminate subordinate members of the family department staff.
2. Is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive program that will help the children of The Branch to grow in an intimate relationship with God by learning the core beliefs, growing in the core practices and developing the core virtues.
3. Oversees the recruiting and equipping of volunteers necessary to implement the ministry programming for children.
4. Develops and implements a leadership-training program for volunteers that will help provide leadership and volunteers necessary to accommodate growth in general and additional campuses in particular.
5. Works collaboratively with the senior leadership team and the family department staff and volunteers to develop an annual budget for the family department and ensures that staff works within that budget.
6. Provides programs and resources to help parents with children at The Branch to fulfill their responsibility for the spiritual formation of their children.
7. Personally participates as an active and engaged member of The Branch.
8. Develops and maintains positive and productive working relationships with staff members and volunteers, as well as with the children, students and parents who are the focus of the family department.
9. Participates in other pastoral functions as assigned by the Senior Minister or Executive Minister.
10. Remains a happily committed member of The Branch by endorsing and supporting the Core Beliefs, engaging in the Core Practices and evidencing the Core Virtues.
• Bible - The Bible is the inspired Word of God, and therefore the final authority in our under-standing of God and life. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:19-21)
• God - There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Romans 8, Ephesians 1:13-14)
• Humanity - God created human beings in His image for the purpose of living in an intimate relationship with Him. Through our sin, though, we are separated from an intimate relationship with God. (Acts 17:24-28, Isaiah 59:1-2)
• Salvation - God sent His son, Jesus Christ, to offer His righteous life as payment for our sin. Salvation is a free gift of God received through faith and expressed through confession, repentance, and baptism.
(1 Corinthians 15:1-8, Romans 1:16-17; 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9, John 3:16, Acts 2:38)
• Transformation - God not only wants us to save us, He wants to transform us into the image of His Son. Transformation is initiated by salvation, sustained by God’s grace, and gathers momentum as our will is brought in ever-increasing alignment with God’s will. (Philippians 2:12, Romans 12:1-2)
• Church - The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit, to reach those separated from God and mature those who have been restored to God through Christ. (Ephesians 4:1-16)
• Eternity - Christ will one day return, final judgment will be rendered, the image of God will be completely restored within us, and we will reign with Christ forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 John 3:2)
Read the Bible daily
Attend corporate worship assembly weekly
Connect with believers in a small group regularly
Tell others of our experience with God
Invite others to engage in an intimate relationship with God
Contribute tithes and offerings to God
Exercise our talents to serve others
Speak honorably of others