School of Worship Director
The School of Worship is a department in the Honor Academy yet serves the entire ministry of Teen Mania Ministries. The Director of this program oversees the quality and development of the interns learning in the program as well as the worship we are delivering
the various events within Teen Mania. This position carries the vision and drives the direction of the many influential responsibilities the School of Worship holds.
- Manages staff members that oversee Auditorium, SOW Operations, Lesson and class instructors.
- Program development- schedules, classes, instructors, instrument lessons, etc.
- Teaches a couple of the classes we offer & holds other instructors accountable - Worship Leadership, Worship Perspectives, Music Theory 1 & 2, Spiritual Warfare, Band Fusion, 3 year Leadership Class, instrument lessons (drums, bass, electric, acoustic,
- Plans 5 SOW Seminars with guest artist/ speakers to deliver to program
- Oversees quality of Production Track in the program
- Oversees quality of worship bands on campus & on tour
- Oversees the worship in the Prayer Room on campus
- Coordinates with the different departments to meet their worship needs- Global Expeditions, Extreme Camps, Honor Academy, etc.
- Develops content each summer for SOW Track at Extreme Camps
- Oversees annual album recording, working with studio, & record label and gives input on the selection of songs from the students for the album.
- Plan marketing for School of Worship- videos, social networking, brochures, etc.
- Over see the bookings of the SOW outreach bands & ensure quality of delivery.
- Oversee the budget & revenue
- SOW Merchandise
- Continually initiates new innovative ways of doing things to serve the Body of Christ by raising up an army of worshippers, needing to be on the cutting edge.
- Weekly Reports from subordinates.
- Weekly/Monthly Surveys at the
- Numbers of applicants applying, accepted, & deposits in for incoming SOW interns
- Vibe survey of interns in SOW average 4.0
- Each class quality
- Instrument lessons
- Auditorium Feedback forms from other parts of ministry every 2 months
- Technical ability
- Customer service
- Retention of interns in SOW
- Revenue of honorariums from bookings, merchandise, cd sales, etc.
- Amount & quality of songs being written by SOW interns
- Quality & numbers of Campers doing the SOW Track each summer
- 5+ years of worship leading experience
- Management experience
- Some technical training or school preferred
- Demonstrate ability to lead, coach, develop effectively
- Goal setting [defining and prioritizing specific driving objectives]
- Strong communication and delegation skills
- Shepherds heart to see vision for each intern’s calling
Key Strengths for success:
- Activator: ability to conceptualize issues, quickly develop solutions, and implement action plans
- Communication: excellent verbal communication skills
- Manage: ability to lead, delegate, follow up, and execute
- Discipline: predictability, order and planning supports the focus on areas such as timelines and deadlines.
- Responsibility: ability to oversee and deliver on processes for the daily and weekly activities of the various tasks and events of worship at Teen Mania
- Innovative: ability to create and initiate new or better processes or opportunities for the position the School of Worship holds in the Body of Christ.