The Director is an energetic, passionate leader and a key member of the Hope Leadership Team with over 1000 kids (infants thru 6th grade) on weekends with responsibility to build, lead, and oversee a dynamic, healthy growing ministry. This position
works closely with the Marriage and Family Ministry to develop a comprehensive ministry geared toward children while engaging and equipping parents to be the primary Christian influence in their child’s life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The leader to staff, interns and volunteers.
- A shepherd to kids and their families.
- Oversee all five-weekend services along with evening programs and special events.
- Plan, organize and implement programming, curriculum and lessons for a healthy growing ministry.
- Partner with the Marriage and Family Ministry to develop and execute a comprehensive ministry plan.
- Recruit and shepherd volunteers and a volunteer leadership team to “equip the saints” for ministry.
- Ensure and maintain security and safety policies, procedures and process for the welfare for our kids and families.
- Work with the Marriage and Family Ministry to continually create an environment that is Christ-centered, biblically driven, energetic, creative and friendly for kids and their families.
- Continually innovate, and identify/implement ministry best practices. Utilize technology and media in the discipleship process to make this one of the best children’s programs in the country.
- Nights & Weekends required.
- Other duties as assigned that help Hope Church execute our mission.
Work experience requirements:
- 5+ years of leadership experience building and overseeing a large vibrant Children’s Ministry, Christian School, or Christian Children’s Camp.
- Proven track record of ministry leadership and successful execution.
- Experience in leadership in for-profit and non-profit organizations a plus.
- Bachelors Degree from a four-year college/university.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus.
- Ability to lead, empower and accomplish goals through leadership teams.
- Strong relational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Passionate and high-energy leader who works with poise in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in an un-churched culture.
- Strong team building and collaboration.
- Computer literate and solid user of PC/software.