CityChurch is a contemporary non-denominational church in central Charlotte. We describe ourselves as being “Real, Relational and Religion Free” and, since being planted 6 years ago, have grown to about 250 people. This is a particularly exciting season
in the life of CityChurch as in early July we shall be purchasing our own building and as a result, anticipate an increasing rate of growth in the years ahead.
Until now our venue situation has placed limitations on our youth ministry. This new venue is going to open up huge potential to develop this vital area of our church life. The role therefore provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced
individual to take on this challenge and provide solid leadership to the key ministry.
The Youth Leader is responsible for ministry to the 6th – 12th grade students. In keeping with the mission of CityChurch, the Youth Leader will
connect this age group to Jesus, help them
grow in their relationship with Him, and will help
release them into the gifts God has given them. Through weekly gatherings, monthly hangouts, and occasional trips and retreats, the Youth Leader will maintain and add to a cohesive youth group, and will empower
a team of committed adults to assist and mentor the youth.
The Primary Role: 12 hours per week
1. Planning/coordinating activities and empowering volunteers to assist with activities that enable youth to engage with their faith and invite their friends
- weekly Sunday morning gatherings
- monthly hangouts
- youth activities during important church events (e.g., annual spring Big Weekend Away retreat)
2. Culture cultivation
- Building healthy relationships among the youth
- Encouraging healthy mentoring between the youth and the leader/volunteers
- Encouraging/facilitating the youth to engage in service opportunities, mission trips, etc., as appropriate
3. Leadership Meetings & Development
- Actively participate in weekly Core Leadership Meetings (Mondays, 9:15 – 11:30am)
- Consistently grow spiritually and professionally, including monthly one-on-one meetings with senior pastor to measure success and growth
Opportunities to Expand: Up to 16 hours per week
We anticipate opportunities to expand the role of the Youth Leader quite quickly. The Youth Leader, along with the current church leadership, will make plans on how to expand the role within 60 days of employment. The time commitment and compensation will
be adjusted based on the successful expansion of the primary role. Possibilities might include:
1. Mid-week connections with youth (e.g., lunches, one-on-one meetings, small group gatherings) 2. Youth mission trips, service projects & retreats
- Must understand, support, and protect CityChurch’s mission, values, and culture
- Must have an encouraging, upbeat, positive attitude and be a “go-to” leader
- Must show clear evidence of being good relationally with middle and high school age youth
- Must have significant leadership experience with this age group
- Must have drive to expand the current role to accommodate the growing youth group needs, size and mission of the church.