Oak Hills Church (Journey Fellowship Campus), San Antonio, TX
Assisting Campus Minister in campus development and growth in the specific areas of ministry to Jr. High and High School Students and families.
OAK HILLS CHURCH PROFILE
Oak Hills Church is a multi-site church with five locations throughout San Antonio and one in Fredericksburg, Texas. Each campus celebrates a shared passion to reach their city and neighbors through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a commitment to grow believers in their Christian walk. Oak Hills Church is led by Senior Minister Randy Frazee and Preaching Minister Max Lucado. The vision of Oak Hills Church is to see the presence of Christ in every neighborhood, a decision for Christ in every seeker, and the maturity of Christ in every Disciple.
JOURNEY FELLOWSHIP CAMPUS PROFILE
The Journey Fellowship campus is located on I-35 in the growing northeast area of San Antonio (Schertz, Texas). Schertz has been selected multiple times by Money Magazine as one of the “Best Places to Live in America” due in part to a low cost of living, great schools and convenient access to all the amenities of San Antonio.
The Journey Fellowship campus of OHC launched with 70 people in the spring of 2005. From the beginning, Journey has been known for its casual environment and its commitment to reaching the unchurched with the gospel of Christ and seeing their lives changed forever. Hallmarks of Journey Fellowship include the casual connection center of the JF coffee house and the JF worship center with its unique combination of chairs, bistro tables, and couches.
Today, the Journey Fellowship Campus averages almost 1200 people each weekend and continues to grow. The JF Campus is comprised of a large number of young families as well as strong children and student ministries. Baptism is regularly celebrated in worship throughout the year as lives changed by the Gospel are a focal point of celebration and a reminder of our mission.
The Student Minister will serve as the key leader and communicator of student ministries at the Journey Fellowship Campus of Oak Hills Church. The ideal candidate will have a track record of building and growing a student ministry, being an excellent communicator, and bringing an innovative mindset to leadership and problem solving. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, technologically advanced, and possess the ability to motivate others. They will be expected to work with Student Ministry leadership from Oak Hills Church to enhance programs already in place and create new initiatives as well. Building a ministry where students are growing in faith, maturity, and influence would be the centerpiece of the position. The effective student minister will help our ministry grow measurably in the number of students participating weekly as our campus and community continue to grow.
- Build a strong growing ministry to Jr. High and High School students and their families.
- Lead and cast vision for an outreach-oriented student ministry committed to reaching the unreached and equipping believers.
- Serve together with the Journey Fellowship staff team in a creative, fun, collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Responsible for the recruiting, training and mentoring a team of volunteers who serve the Jr. High and High School Ministry.
- Responsible for the hiring, growth and development of a Student Ministry Intern who will serve for a 12 month period (June-May)
- Build a student ministry that is highly intentional about equipping parents and partnering with them to strengthen the family as the focal point of discipleship
- Responsible for ministry development, resourcing and oversight of the student (grades 6-12) ministries including the related calendar and budget preparation and coordination
- Responsible for evangelistic and community outreach ministries and related discipleship events for students including local, regional and international mission trip planning and implementation.
- Responsible for the creation and development of strategic events including, but not limited to camps, retreats, fellowships, etc.
- I report to: Campus Minister, Journey Fellowship
- Reporting to me:
- Student Ministry Intern (12 month internship)
- Ministry Assistant for Youth and Children (part-time)
- I work directly with:
- Student Ministry Director, Oak Hills Central Support
- I work closely with: Children’s Ministry Director, Assistant, Ministry Leaders, Volunteers, All Departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in ministry-related area or equivalent post-graduate ministry training
- 3-5 years student ministry experience in a medium to large-church setting
- A Christian testimony, a life of discipleship, and a heart for the unreached
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, self-starter who values excellence in ministry
- Full support of OHC Strategic Plan and OHC Student Ministry Template
TO APPLY: visit our website - wwww.oakhillschurch.com/employment to download a job application form. Please submit job application and resume to Patti Schmidt at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20