FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH DOYLESTOWN
311 W State St.
Doylestown, PA 18901
Web Address: www.fbcdoylestown.org
The qualified candidate will be a man after God's own heart who possesses gifting in leadership and administration. This pastoral leader will oversee ministries, develop lay leaders in those ministries and insure that ministries are aligned with the church's vision. The "Executive Pastor" will cultivate resources to maximize the effectiveness of those ministries. This individual should have strong organizational skills and have the ability to lead, equip and motivate ministry teams. The "Executive Pastor" will oversee a newly formed "Church Ministry Team", a quarterly gathering of leadership from each ministry area. Its purpose will be planning, vision alignment and enhanced communication between and within ministries. Preaching is not a primary responsibility for this position. The "Executive Pastor" will be under the leadership of the "Lead Pastor: Teaching and Vision" who will be leading the entire pastoral team and be principally responsible for setting and communicating the vision. The "Executive Pastor", working closely with the "Lead Pastor: Teaching and Vision", will be the chief architect of ministry planning. All pastors, including the "Executive Pastor" and the "Lead Pastor: Teaching and Vision", serve as voting members of the elder board.
- A fervent desire to seek God daily through study of God's Word, prayer time and a living out of their faith in Jesus Christ as a daily act of worship.
- A solid grasp of God's Word and its application to our daily walk with our Lord Jesus and His ministry.
- A Christ-like love for people with a desire to shepherd and disciple the flock.
- Sensitive to and seeking the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Committed to prayer as a lifeline to life and ministry.
- A humble servant's heart..
- A passion for the lost.
- A team player.
- Able to fulfill the requirements of an elder leader as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Alignment with the First Baptist Church of Doylestown Constitution and Statement of Faith (www.fbcdoylestown.org)
- Has minimum of 3-5 years church ministry experience in a related area.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Aptitude for identifying and equiping lay ministry leaders
- Gifted in administration
- Capable of developing and articulating strategies for reaching the lost in the local community.
- Possessing strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to integrate our purpose and focus into all church ministries
- Demonstrated professional growth in previous ministry opportunities
- Master's level seminary education (or equivalent)
- Adult Small Groups (Adult Bible Fellowships - Sunday AM; Community Groups - Home Bible studies)
- Adult Large Groups (Men's Ministry; Women's Ministry; MOPs)
- Youth & Young Adult Ministry (led by "Pastor: Youth & Young Adult")
- Children's Ministry (led by the "Children's Director")
- Assimilation Ministry (Greeters; Starting Point; Visitor Follow-Up)
- Church Ministry Team (quarterly meeting of above ministries for synergy and communication)
- Pastor: Youth & Young Adults
- Children’s Director
- Custodial Staff
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorStonehill Church
- Meridian, Idaho
- October 21
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Executive PastorHarvest Community Church
- Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- October 17
Administrative pastorLiberty Church
- Ozone Park, New York
- October 13
Executive PastorChurch of the Open Door
- Elyria, Ohio
- October 13
First Baptist Church of Doylestown
Located at 311 West State Street, across from Central Bucks West High School, First Baptist Church is in the heart of Doylestown and has been serving area families for over 160 years. Our stated purpose is "Leading people to life and growth in Jesus Christ". We therefore place great emphasis on equipping the saints to serve and to glorify our Lord while bringing the reason for our hope in Jesus Christ to the 91,000 souls in our immediate community. Our focus is: 1) seeking God, humbly and fervently, 2) loving sacri More...