Director of Music and Worship-Allentown Presbyterian Church, New Jersey
A mid-sized Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in a beautiful small town seeks a full-time Director of Music and Worship.
This position will oversee the various musical expressions in this active and vital intergenerational community.
We are looking for someone with a vision to build a comprehensive music ministry incorporating a wide variety of musicians and worship leaders.
Our worship style is eclectic and blended ranging from high energy contemporary Christian music to classical expressions with a full orchestra.
We utilize the gifts of musicians from age 6 to 60. The person we are looking for will work closely with the senior pastor and teams of church members to craft worship services that are Christ-centered and biblically informed.
We are seeking someone who loves the Lord, loves the church and has a track record of working well with others to grow the Kingdom through worship.
They will find a church that is collegial, supportive and willing to take risks for Jesus.
A successful applicant must be a Christ-centered disciple, who seeks to follow the Lord Jesus in his/her professional and personal life.
He/she must have proven musical performing and leadership abilities with a track record of delivering a rich and diverse worship experience. In addition, the successful candidate must be a well-organized, competent administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a Director of Music and Worship at a church of at least 500 members
· Bachelor of Music or related degree required, advanced degree in music or additional formal music training strongly preferred
· Demonstrated experience building / growing a variety of music programs & recruiting
· Must have exceptional organizational and planning skills
· Demonstrated ability to read, write and transpose all forms of music (contemporary, traditional, choral, praise and worship, etc.)
· Must be an advanced piano/keyboard player, with the ability to lead/direct from the piano
Competency playing the organ and other musical instruments is a plus
· Experienced using and teaching others to use multi-channel sound boards
· Computer Skills:
Ø Experience with multi-media software, such as Apple’s
ProPresenter, PowerPoint or other presentation applications, is required.
Ø Experience with
Sibelius, Finale or similar music writing programs is preferred.
Ø Experience updating websites, Facebook pages and posting of the weekly sermon podcasts is preferred