A large Free Methodist congregation in a Christian University setting seeks a full time Pastor of Global and Community Outreach (“Serve”). The primary objective is to engage our entire congregation in mission.
- Advise and equip our many smaller community groups to organize around a mission.
- Cast vision and organize 2-3 all-church service/evangelism outreach events/projects per year.
- Build and lead a creative team that conceptualizes, leads or supports a growing number of community ministries under our care. Ministries to date: benevolent fund, food pantry, anti-trafficking team, car repair, home repair, counseling ministry, sports
leagues, blood drives, and school mentoring.
- Strengthen our partnerships with community service agencies.
- Serve as a staff advisor to an outstanding team of lay leaders who oversee an extensive world mission program.
We seek a leader with the following characteristics:
- Be a creative Spirit-led visionary who can ‘see’ what is not there and bring it to fruition.
- Be passionate about the Gospel – servant evangelism and ministry to the marginalized
- Possess strong team-building and leadership development skills.
- Be able to ‘read’ the needs of our community and build effective helping networks with other agencies and churches.
- Love the church – its upward devotion to a triune God, its inward covenant community of love and grace, and its outward apostolic mission.
- Have a vision for the church’s unique role as God’s redemptive agent for the whole world.
- Possess strong pastoral gifts.
- A secondary or advanced degree in the areas of either pastoral ministry, social service, or community development would be helpful.
Send resume and references by June 30, 2013 to:
or Ginny Hannen, Free Methodist Church, 120 E. Main, Spring Arbor, MI 49283