Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered
relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.
FOREST HOME COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT:
The Communications Department supports all areas of Forest Home with various strategic print and online materials. We are a collaborative team that works together with grace, servant’s hearts, and innovation. Our department has an ongoing workload, as we
are always moving forward with communication plans for the numerous events and programs throughout the year.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
Our Communications Department is looking for a Director of Communications who has an evident and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for seeing creative work impact people's lives for the glory of Jesus Christ. A successful candidate in this
role will have at least five to seven years of related experience, demonstrated experience with marketing communications strategic plan execution, and confident problem solving skills.
- Applies sound marketing communications best practices to the tactics of Forest Home’s strategic marketing communications plans.
- Implements strategic marketing plans, both short- and long-range.
- Recommends the most effective tactics and media to achieve goals and outcomes outlined in the strategic plans.
- Serves as Creative Director for all marketing communications.
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Hires, trains, leads, manages and evaluates Communications staff.
- As needed, gathers staff’s perspective during planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Manages operating Communications budget. Develops and implements cost-saving measures; conserves organizational resources.
- Oversees development and production of promotional, public relations and sales collateral materials including print, electronic media, new media, and direct mail.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements processes which support sales, registration/contract confirmation, and prepare guests/leaders for pre-arrival
- Determines utilization of vendors through controlled bidding process in order to control costs, maximize production, increase market impact, and maintain ministry effectiveness.
- Coordinates with other Forest Home departments to ensure compelling and consistent messaging, brand integrity and distribution oversight.
- Focuses department efforts to ensure the organization meets and exceeds program registration and guest group contract goals in order maximize facility use and financial viability/growth.
- Tracts all outcomes with frequent analysis so if corrective action is needed changes are made quickly to ensure achievement of marketing communication goals and organizational financial objectives.
- Directs all marketing and organizational performance research and generates related analysis. Responsible for capturing customer data for CRS systems.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key vendors, internal staff, and key partners. Serves as liaison with outside agencies on ongoing marketing communications campaigns.
- Prepares marketing communications activity reports for Senior Directors.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent ministry image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, procedures and does creative writing, as needed. Writes effectively to present information in a compelling fashion.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Provides oversight of Program marketing communications projects.
- Supports and participates in spiritual life activities.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Directs and supervises video production, still photography, eMarketing including social media, traditional marketing, graphic design, market research, fulfillment/distribution, ad specialties, Program communications support and Print Shop.
- A bachelor’s degree is required in a relevant field.
- Five to seven years related experience.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Requires innovation, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Experience with marketing communications strategic plan execution.
- Strong writing ability, including creative writing ability.
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Requires flexibility and adjustability to changing environments and unanticipated situations.
- A self-starter and proactive manager who is able to manage and work with ambiguity and lack of concrete instructions.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Confident working with senior leadership and board.
- Able to perform high quality work.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY: