We are seeking a to add a new full time member to the Vintage Church staff team as soon as possible. This person will be responsible for the following areas of ministry at Vintage Church:
1. Sunday Operations
You will have complete responsibility to manage and oversee Sundays logistics and operations: be the first and last person at Sunday services (approx 7:55am to 3pm)
- managing the relationship with University High School/LAUSD;
- oversee the different Sunday Ministry Leaders;
- create and manage operational systems that facilitate the smooth running of Sunday events and services;
- fire-fight problems as they come up during the Sunday service; and
- liaise with each Sunday Ministry Leader to ensure that they have all they need at University High for the
effective outworking of their ministries
2. Volunteer Coordinator
Create, overseeing, manage the paid and volunteer staff structures for Sundays and other events.
3. Executive Assistant to Pastor
Assist Pastor with administration, organization and execution of the pastor’s ministries and meetings.
4. Event Planner
Organize and lead the planning of various events at Vintage Church, eg church retreats, local mission etc
Though the above areas are the priority, due to the nature of being on staff in a small church, you will be required from time to time to help with miscellaneous administrative and organizational tasks that do not fall under the above categories.
Education & Experience
Significant experience working in event planning and management, ideally volunteer management;
Experience working in a church or parachurch organization preferred;
Experience working as an Executive PA preferred.
Gifts and Practical Abilities
Proven and strong gifts of administration, helps, hospitality, and service;
Have a track record of taking initiative, being a self-starter and creative problem solver;
Have a passion for excellence, a sense of urgency and high attention to detail;
Ability to juggle many different responsibilities with a smile and ease;
Is comfortable in giving encouragement and constructive feedback to staff and volunteers; Appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information and situations;
Can enthusiastically motivate and inspire volunteers;
Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in arranging meetings via email and telephone;
Can hit the ground running.
- Demonstrates a stable, mature Christian walk and a passion for Jesus;
- Vintage Church is or you are willing to make it your spiritual home in Los Angeles;
- Is passionate for the mission and core values of Vintage Church;
- Must have a love for the local church.
- Strong proactive work ethic – meets deadlines, organized, can be trusted, uses time wisely, dresses
- Willingness to work behind the scenes with little recognition;
- Is confidential.
1. Full time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week. (Please note that this position is exempt from overtime compensation under California Industrial Wage Order No. 4.)
2. Must be able to commit to being present at all Sunday services (4 Sundays off per year).
Specific measures of satisfactory performance, both objective and subjective, will be developed in consultation with your direct supervisor.
Salary will be competitive
To apply, please forward your resume with covering letter.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
We have a simple vision: ‘Joining God in the Renewal of All Things’. The great story of the Bible is God restoring and healing our broken lives and the world through Jesus Christ. He invites us, his church, to participate with him in seeing his Kingdom come, his will be done on earth as it is in heaven.More...