Title: Family Pastor (High School Ministry Emphasis)
Reports to: Executive Pastor Team
Objective: Implement and oversee TBA’s vision and strategy for Family Ministry.
The Family Pastor is the leader of the children, youth and parents of the ministry. The Family Pastor builds and strengthens family relationships by offering spiritual guidance, counseling, outreach and education to family members. The Pastor of Family Ministries is responsible for all aspects of a dynamic ministry for children—birth through 12th grade—and their parents. Our desire and prayer is that this person would partner with parents to develop spiritually mature children and youth who know and love the Lord Jesus and actively extend His Kingdom. This ministry connects and equips parents, volunteers, and the broader church community to disciple our children.
- Recruits, retains, resources, trains and mentors Youth & Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Builds, leads and mentors a leadership team to provide overall leadership of TBA’s Family Ministry.
- Develop, implement and lead a ministry for High School Students – including a mid-week service, small groups, outreach events, youth camps and mission trips, etc.
- Oversee on-going Middle School Ministry programs – including mid-week, small groups, outreach events, youth mission trips, social action projects, etc.
- Administrate and manage all Children’s Ministry programs for our Sunday services.
- Minister to families with children & youth by equipping them to become spiritual leaders within their homes.
- Preach periodically at our weekend services.
- 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ministry experience.
- A passion to create an environment for spiritual growth in children & youth.
- Must possess strong leadership gifting in order to be a leader of multiple leaders in several ministry areas.
- Proven ability to recruit, build teams, develop and direct lay leaders.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy.
- The ability to work in a team ministry setting.
- 3 years of leadership in youth and/or family ministry.
- Has raised or is raising a family (preferably with school-aged children).
- Spiritual gift mix that includes leadership, evangelism, shepherding and teaching.
- Personality traits that include being highly creative, energetic, organized and driven.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
First Baptist Church of Jackson - Family MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jackson, Mississippi
- October 27
Children's Ministry Director (171702)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Midwest , Wisconsin
- October 26
Children's Pastor (232310)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Georgia
- October 26
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Family PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 20
TBA stands for “Trusting”, “Believing” and “Acting”. Our vision is to help you discover God and become the person that God designed you to be. We believe this is done primarily when we seek to honor God through our lives and then act as Jesus’ hands and feet in the world around us. More...