Christ Methodist Church is seeking a gospel-centered, high-capacity leader who can pioneer a College Ministry on several campuses throughout Memphis.
Applicants should email a resume and letter of interest to Mary Elizabeth Pittman (email@example.com)
Memphis has seven different colleges throughout the city. Primary focus is on the University of Memphis campus two miles away.
- University of Memphis
- Rhodes College
- LeMoyne-Owen College
- Victory University
- Christian Brothers University
- Visible Music School
- Memphis College of Art
We approach College Ministry as a missional expression of Christ Church by:
- Preparing students for college life.
- Building a Christ Church presence on campuses in Memphis.
- Maintaining contact with Christ Church students off at college—equipping them for spiritual maturity.
This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Student Ministries.
- Wesleyan in his/her theology
- MA or MDiv from seminary—preferably a Wesleyan Seminary
- Highly relational
- Gifted communicator
- Supportive of the overall Christ Church vision.
- Disciple a core group of students attending college in Memphis who become key leaders for the ministry.
- Establish an active summer ministry for Christ Church college students home on break.
- Integrate college students into the overall life of the church.
- Develop a core group of volunteers that provide an extended family for local college students.
- Maintain contact with Christ Church students off to college.
- Fall & Spring College Tour visiting Christ Church students on their campus.
- Weekly presence at Christ Church on Sunday mornings.
- Attend weekly Student Ministry meetings, monthly All Staff meetings and Community Life meetings as needed.
- Represent the needs and concerns of College Students and the College Ministry at leadership gatherings.
- Lead Sunday Morning onsite program at Christ Church on Sunday mornings.
- Develop & teach College Readiness Program each Spring.
- Enthusiastically teach within an evangelical Wesleyan framework.
What does success look like after one year?
- Establish relational connections on two campuses (i.e. Small Group Huddle).
- Create a weekly social gathering of 25-50 (We refer to this as an Oikos Gathering).
- Develop a Sunday morning College Ministry gathering for students attending Christ Church and those students from Christ Church home on break.
- Help train and send High School Senior off to college.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Christ Church students attending college outside Memphis.