Christ Methodist Church is seeking a gospel-centered, high-capacity leader who can pioneer a College Ministry on several campuses throughout Memphis.
Applicants should email a resume and letter of interest to Mary Elizabeth Pittman (email@example.com)
Memphis has seven different colleges throughout the city. Primary focus is on the University of Memphis campus two miles away.
- University of Memphis
- Rhodes College
- LeMoyne-Owen College
- Victory University
- Christian Brothers University
- Visible Music School
- Memphis College of Art
We approach College Ministry as a missional expression of Christ Church by:
- Preparing students for college life.
- Building a Christ Church presence on campuses in Memphis.
- Maintaining contact with Christ Church students off at college—equipping them for spiritual maturity.
This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Student Ministries.
- Wesleyan in his/her theology
- MA or MDiv from seminary—preferably a Wesleyan Seminary
- Highly relational
- Gifted communicator
- Supportive of the overall Christ Church vision.
- Disciple a core group of students attending college in Memphis who become key leaders for the ministry.
- Establish an active summer ministry for Christ Church college students home on break.
- Integrate college students into the overall life of the church.
- Develop a core group of volunteers that provide an extended family for local college students.
- Maintain contact with Christ Church students off to college.
- Fall & Spring College Tour visiting Christ Church students on their campus.
- Weekly presence at Christ Church on Sunday mornings.
- Attend weekly Student Ministry meetings, monthly All Staff meetings and Community Life meetings as needed.
- Represent the needs and concerns of College Students and the College Ministry at leadership gatherings.
- Lead Sunday Morning onsite program at Christ Church on Sunday mornings.
- Develop & teach College Readiness Program each Spring.
- Enthusiastically teach within an evangelical Wesleyan framework.
What does success look like after one year?
- Establish relational connections on two campuses (i.e. Small Group Huddle).
- Create a weekly social gathering of 25-50 (We refer to this as an Oikos Gathering).
- Develop a Sunday morning College Ministry gathering for students attending Christ Church and those students from Christ Church home on break.
- Help train and send High School Senior off to college.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Christ Church students attending college outside Memphis.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Young Adult Ministry Director (Axis)Willow Creek Community Church
- South Barrington, Illinois
- March 7
Church Plant Launch TeamThe LifeWay Church
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- February 23
Director of Youth MinistriesBel Air United Methodist Church
- Bel Air, Maryland
- February 21
College / Young Adult PastorSagebrush Community Church
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- February 3