121 Community Church
Student Minister Candidate Profile
Qualified candidates will possess the following criteria, or have relevant experience that
closely mirrors the criteria:
- Demonstrated prior success in building and strengthening a student ministry that is effectively leading students to live for Jesus Christ.
- Biblically and theologically grounded leader who is passionate about working on a team with other staff, as well as inspiring and leading a team of high capacity volunteers.
- Effectively connects with students both in terms of ‘up-front’ communicating as well as in relational one-on-one and groups settings.
- Passionate evangelist who frequently shares the Gospel with students and also reproduces the ability to share the Gospel in others.
- Experienced in helping both students and parents to navigate difficult personal and family challenges.
- Proven track record of recruiting, developing and working well with volunteers:
- Adult leaders (“LifeGroup” leaders) who disciple students in small groups of community that live out the mission of Christ together.
- Teachers, worship band(s) and large group communicators.
- Mission, service, hospitality, trip and event coordinators along with various other volunteers.
- Proven track record of cultivating healthy relationships with a wide variety of parents, casting vision for spiritual leadership in the home with dads (as well as single moms), effectively resourcing parents and engaging them in ministry.
- Demonstrates evidence of being:
- Slow to speak, quick to listen.
- Humble, God-given confidence in what God has accomplished through them in the past.
- A team player who has worked well with a diverse personalities in prior settings.
- At least three years of prior experience on a student ministry staff.
- Seminary training preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and current compensation information to: