JOB TITLE: IT Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time STATUS: Exempt
MINISTRY: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
The IT Specialist assists the Director of IT and the IT Team in telecommunications, networking, computer hardware and software, and Internet related systems within the Church.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The IT Specialist is responsible for assisting the Director of IT in any of the following areas:
- Networking/Infrastructure Support and Management
- Hardware troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance, including personal computers, printers, servers, storage devices and all networking hardware.
- Software Tools and Business Systems
- Database Administration
- The Church web site backend and all supporting web/Internet functions such as DNS, Cloud systems management and domain name registration and SSL certificates.
PREFERRED JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge and skills of the following:
- Management of all physical and virtual Servers, local and in the cloud, storage devices, Fortigate routers/gateways, Ruckus Wi-Fi networks, Ethernet and VOIP switches, Barracuda Spam/Firewall, PC and Mac desktops, laptops, various clock, access and security systems and mobile devices.
- Management of Services to include Data, Telecom, Office and Business Service Applications including Microsoft Active Directory, DFS, Group Policy and Exchange 2010, Windows XP/7/8, Server 2003 and 2008R2, Apple OSX 10.x, Office Professional, SQL, SharePoint, File & Print, Shelby Systems, Shortel VoIP, Shelby v5 Financials, VMware, Veeam, TrendMicro, Go Daddy and DNSMadeEasy, Ministry Platform ChMs, Microsoft Live communications Server, System Essentials 2007, Alloy Navigator Express, ProPresenter, Adobe Creative Suites, DocuTrac and Office Therapy Pro.
- Create, modify and manage domain and VoIP user accounts and Exchange mailboxes
- Create, modify and manage domain group policy objects and share permissions.
- Create, modify and manage distribution lists and GAL
- Knowledge of Core Active Directory Domain, Forest and FSMO roles a plus
- Manage address books for copiers, scanners and fax
- Provide software application support to staff (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Help manage licensing, assets and projects as defined by the Director of IT
- Assist with IT budgets and Vendor maintenance contract and service renewals
- Clearance of criminal background check
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience in an IT related field, such as Information Systems administration, Enterprise helpdesk and/or Support Engineer environments.
- Strong skills in troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware and software, telecom, and infrastructure systems, and managing deployment projects across a wide variety of heterogeneous systems.
- Strong skills in communicating with and providing resources to teams within the church.
- Strong skills in dealing with a variety of contracted or vendor provided goods and services.
Monday through Friday and rotate On-Call weekend shifts to assist with occasional technical needs for weekend services or special events.
Must understand that ministry does not always fall within a normal 9:00- 5:00 schedule and working outside of that schedule including weekends and holidays for Family Ministries or CT sponsored events may be required.
Work hours will flex as needs arise either during weekend services, or during major systems deployments.
All staff members are required to work Easter services and the week leading up to and including Christmas services; the schedule for these services can vary according to the campus needs and the yearly calendar.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires the ability to climb a ladder and work in small confined spaces along with frequent climbing of stairs, bending, stooping and lifting of equipment, boxes or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. Work is generally performed indoors, but may involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Front End Web DeveloperCentral Christian Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- December 5
Technical Director AssistantAbundant Life
- Lees Summit, Missouri
- December 5
Graphic DesignerLife Church
- Germantown, Wisconsin
- December 5
- Columbus, Mississippi
- December 5
Lead Video ProducerCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- December 5
Cross Timbers Community Church
We are a community of believers who are passionate about helping and serving others. We are a place where people like you can find healing and freedom, a church where you can grow and develop into followers of Christ who want to make a difference in the world.
Thank you for your interest in the ministry of Cross Timbers Community Church.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ONE OF OUR JOB POSTINGS, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME THROUGH CHURCH STAFFING, OR APPLY ONLINE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE (Home Page - JOBS).More...