JOB TITLE: Campus Pastor
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time STATUS: Exempt
MINISTRY: Supports all areas of ministry
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor of Ministry
The Campus Pastor must be an experienced leader, with excellent relational and communication skills. The Campus Pastor is the ambassador of the campus and partners with the Connections Pastor in connecting the people of their campus. They should possess
organizational and administrative skills to carry out the day to day operations of the campus and serve as the team lead of the campus staff. The Campus Pastor will be responsible for collaborating with other ministries and campuses to execute weekend services
and events. The Campus Pastor will need a unique blend of 5 elements: pastoring people, strategic thinking, creative ideas, managing people and an extroverted/energetic personality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Seek God and trust His direction.
- Exhibit servant leadership and fully support the vision, mission and purpose of Cross Timbers Community Church.
- Lead and communicate the mission, vision, core values and pathway to campus staff and attenders.
- Delegate, motivate, influence and inspire trust and loyalty with campus staff and attenders.
- Ensure that all components and operations of the weekend services are successfully planned, prepared, and executed in keeping with the overall vision of Cross Timbers Community Church.
- Communicate during the weekend services as needed for communion, offering, baptism, dismissal and other service elements. Must be comfortable and show some level of skill communicating with the Campus during week-end services.
- Be available as a point person on Sundays in the lobby between services to meet people and assist with needs.
- Support and partner with the Connections Pastor to execute: Serving opportunities/Volunteers, CT Groups, Men’s and Women’s ministry.
- Communicate campus requests, needs and successes to the leadership
- Meet with other pastors and leaders in the community for encouragement, collaboration and to cultivate unity.
- Develop relationships with community leaders to seek and identify opportunities to serve the community.
- Support Campus Team in planning and coordinating special events
- Actively participate in honoring all CT Staff with the ability to address conflict in an honoring manner.
- Clearance of a criminal background check
- Past record of passion, good leadership, sound judgment, integrity and commitment to the vision, mission and core values of CTCC
- Is able to develop team leadership, supervising and motivating effectively a multi-staff with specifically assigned roles.
- Highly organized and dependable, ability to think strategically and communicate effectively.
- Ability to recruit, develop and place volunteers in ministry programs in the life of the church.
- Ability to assist others in assessing their gifts, skills and interests, and use tools to link them to ministry opportunities.
- Approachable, friendly and outgoing
- Have experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Sunday through Thursday as office and campus responsibilities require.
Must be flexible and realize that this role will include many hours outside of regular office hours and weekend service times.
It is essential for staff to attend All Staff meetings. Every effort should be made to schedule vacations and appointments to not interfere with attendance. Exceptions must be approved by manager.
All staff members are required to work Easter services and the week leading up to and including Christmas services; the schedule for these services can vary according to the campus needs and the yearly calendar. . Exceptions must be approved by manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires bending, stooping and stretching to file, and occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 25 pounds. Work is generally performed indoors, but may involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
required by their supervisor.