JOB TITLE: Connections Pastor
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time STATUS: Exempt
MINISTRY: Supports all areas of ministry
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Connections
The Connections Pastor is responsible for connecting people to Cross Timbers and to ministry through groups and serving opportunities. The main responsibilities include organizing and overseeing groups, guest process, membership, volunteers and serving opportunities inside the church (primarily Sunday Welcome Team). The Connections Pastor will need a unique blend of 5 elements: pastoring people, strategic thinking, creative ideas, managing people and an extroverted/energetic personality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Generate increased awareness of in church serving and group opportunities and respond to inquiries for connection.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers for all areas of weekend team (Welcome, Parking and Connection Center, etc.)
- Oversee the schedule and coordination of the weekend Welcome Team and other serving teams.
- Appreciate volunteers individually via personal communication.
- Support Campus Team in planning and coordinating special events.
- Help recruit and train qualified leaders and volunteers to meet the needs of the church.
- Develop effective systems of training, accountability and communication for group leaders and volunteers.
- Execute a smooth sign-up process for each new season of groups and serving.
- Be available as a point person on Sundays in the lobby between services to meet people and assist with needs. .
- Organize global appreciation events in collaboration with the ministry leaders under whom the volunteers serve.
- Oversee the maintenance of the volunteer database.
- Ability to recruit, develop and place volunteers in ministry programs in the life of the church.
- Ability to assist others in assessing their gifts, skills and interests, and use tools to link them to ministry opportunities.
- Highly organized, administrative and dependable
- Approachable, friendly and outgoing
- Have experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Sunday through Thursday as office and campus responsibilities require.
Must be flexible and realize that this role will include many hours outside of regular office hours and weekend service times.
It is essential for staff to attend All Staff meetings. Every effort should be made to schedule vacations and appointments to not interfere with attendance. Exceptions must be approved by manager.
All staff members are required to work Easter services and the week leading up to and including Christmas services; the schedule for these services can vary according to the campus needs and the yearly calendar. Exceptions must be approved by manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires bending, stooping and stretching to file, and occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 25 pounds. Work is generally performed indoors, but may involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Campus PastorJourney Church
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- October 18
Timberlake Church - High School PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Redmond, Washington
- October 17
New Vision Baptist Church - Student PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- October 14
Water of Life Community Church - Pastor of Children's MinistryVanderbloemen Search Group
- Fontana, California
- October 14
New Hope Church - Children's PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Bend, Oregon
- October 14
Cross Timbers Community Church
We are a community of believers who are passionate about helping and serving others. We are a place where people like you can find healing and freedom, a church where you can grow and develop into followers of Christ who want to make a difference in the world.
Thank you for your interest in the ministry of Cross Timbers Community Church.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ONE OF OUR JOB POSTINGS, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME THROUGH CHURCH STAFFING, OR APPLY ONLINE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE (Home Page - JOBS).More...