St. Michael Lutheran Church
FAMILY MINISTRIES ASSOCIATE PASTOR
The Associate Pastor shall be accountable to the Lead Pastor of St. Michael Lutheran Church.
To serve the church by providing visionary leadership to the confirmation and children’s ministries, including nursery and VBS ministries, as well as related family ministries such as parenting and marriage classes, etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, administer, staff, lead, and possibly teach the confirmation ministry.
2. Develop, administer, staff, and lead the children’s ministry for nursery through 5th graders including Sunday morning, Wednesday evening, VBS, and other opportunities as needed.
3. Supervise the nursery and nursery coordinator.
4. Develop, administer, and lead appropriate growth opportunities for the needs of families such as marriage enrichment, parenting, singles ministry, etc.
5. Provide pastoral counseling in times of crisis and minister to the sick, dying and bereaved.
6. Conduct weddings, baptisms and funerals, providing appropriate preparation and support.
7. Make hospital calls providing a caring concern, and spiritual presence to the families of St. Michael.
8. Assist in worship and preach at the request of the Senior Pastor.
9. Attend and participate in regular staff meetings, the Church Council meetings, and work collegially with staff in planning, team building and communication.
10. Resource and work with the Youth and Parish Life committees of the Church Council.
11. Cooperate with the Lead Pastor by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
PERFORMANCE AND COMPENSATION REVIEW:
An annual review of performance and compensation will be conducted by the Lead Pastor in cooperation with the Mutual Ministry Committee.