FBC Dallas is looking for a man to come alongside our Senior Pastor and help shepherd the people. This person will have opportunities to preach, teach, and disciple all the while equipping the saints for the work of the ministry. The main part of this position
will be in the teaching and discipleship ministry.
The Discipleship Pastor will work closely with the Senior Pastor to implement an effective strategy to bring the Church into "perfection" (maturity). FBC Dallas has small groups by way of Sunday School and the beginnings of home groups. The discipleship
strategy is to develop from these groups even smaller D-groups that are closed, with high accountability and flooded with the Spiritual disciplines of Scripture study and memorization, prayer, confession, using gifts in ministry and evangelism. For more clarity
please refer to Growing Up by Robby Gallaty and The Lost Art of Discipleship Making by Leroy Eims.
Along with the overall ministry of Discipleship the Associate Pastor will help feed a fledgling college and career ministry in our nearby facility. The man for this position must be energetic, self starting, teachable, loving and flexible, willing to build
God's kingdom with great passion and vision.
- Highly organized to track small and discipleship groups.
- Develop training throughout the church year for leaders.
- Be able to Disciple men.
- Be devoted to soul-winning and fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Keep scheduled office hours and attend staff appointments and scheduled worship times.
- Work well with the Senior Pastor, humbling himself to his leadership, helping cast his vision for the church.
- Develop and work within a budget, being a steward of God's blessings.
- Work closely with Outreach Leaders and Teams to place new converts into groups and seekers into investigative groups.
FBC Dallas is a 160 year old church living in a growing Metro-Atlanta area. The challenge is how to reach a relatively new culture that has invaded Paulding County. Classic Relevance is how FBC Dallas is described and we are designed to hold to the classic
doctrines of our faith and the sincere worship of God's people while living and existing in todays relevant times. This position must be filled with a man that values people over platform, ingenuity over tradition, service over self. FBC Dallas is a Church
that wants to make a Global Impact that begins at home.
- Bachelor Degree required - M-Div is preferred
- Salary TBD