Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Forest Home is looking for a Sr. Director of Finance / Accounting who has a deep love for Jesus Christ and desire to fulfill His mission, impeccable integrity, and is a team player. A successful candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in a related field, will have strong skills in accounting, "big picture" financial planning, communications, and a will have a demonstrated track record in their ability to build trusting working relationships throughout an organization
- Acts as a member of the Executive Team.
- Participates in setting organizational vision and aligning the ministry around its mission, vision and strategic initiatives.
- Serves as the “financial conscience and business advisor” for the organization.
- Responsible for all accounting activities, including, but not limited to, preparing monthly and annual audited trial balance and reports, entering month-end and year-end close journal entries, preparing bank account reconciliations, preparing revenue reconciliations, leading annual audit, and preparing and monitors revenue and expenses.
- Directs and is responsible for all financial / accounting management activities including, but not limited to: accounting, tax returns, budgeting, insurance, retirement plan, trust administration, investments, treasury and cash management, audits, accounts receivables, accounts payables, payroll and all legal affairs and contracts
- Directs all internal and external financial reporting. Communicates results to executive team, board of directors and key managers enabling them to better manage their area of ministry responsibility.
- Monitors, develops and reviews financial internal controls including, but not limited to: cost controls, budgets, signature authority, credit, legal contracts, financial policies, non-cash donations, cash management and investment management.
- Directs and is responsible for financial planning, forecasting and performance evaluation of existing and new ministries.
- Performs ongoing evaluation of Forest Home’s ministry/business model and mission effectiveness.
- Reduces excessive costs and is responsible for controlling financial risk.
- Develops credible relationships with bankers, insurances companies, auditors, trust administrators, retirement administrators, investment managers, board members, lawyers and strategic donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Supervises all accounting staff.
- Master’s degree or ten years related experience and/or training
- CPA strongly preferred
- An experienced leader with strong accounting skills and a proven track in leading all accounting functions, strong internal controls, and accurate financial reports.
- An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual.
- A team player that is well organized and self-directed.
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Regular, timely attendance.
- A Servant’s heart, Christ-like attitude and high ethical standards.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ControllerFaith Community United Methodist Church
- West Chester, Ohio
- December 2
House Manager for Recovery ResidenceAddiction Recovery Coalition
- Hancock, New Hampshire
- December 2
Director of OperationsPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
MISSION Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World. VISION Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life. More...