Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered
relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.
Forest Home Kitchen Department
Our food service team serves well over 50,000 guests every year. Forest Home has 4 kitchens and 6 Dining Facilities which provide meals in a variety of ways from large buffets, refined banquets, plated meals, to fine dining food. We are fervent in providing
the highest quality food for our guests. We are focused on preparing food from scratch anywhere from homemade breads, freshly prepared desserts, soups and sauces, and seasonal menus. Our team demonstrates our ministry through our food and our hospitality,
by setting the table for the purpose of the fellowship of our guests for the glory of God.
What Are We Looking For
Our Food Service department is looking for someone who has evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to partner with others for the advancement of His kingdom. The ideal person can lead with a shepherds heart, and manage the kitchen
with strong skills. A successful person in this will have fundamental knowledge in various food cuisine, will have worked in large establishments with high food volumes, and the ability to be hands on with kitchen staff as well as guest engagement.
Work closely with Chefs de Partie/Kitchen Managers to teach culinary techniques that are necessary for consistent, excellent and safe food preparation.
Provide managerial and culinary support in all areas with a focus on Chefs de Partie, Demi Chef de Partie
To understand, take part and support Forest Home Core Values and Speed of Trust behaviors.
To be skilled in basic baking techniques and principles
Active and contributing participant on the Food Service Leadership Team.
Assisting in seasonal menu and recipe maintenance and specification, while controlling food cost for area Camp Centers. Works closely with Commissary Manager to ensure consistent quality products that work within budget guidelines.
Assist in planning weekly kitchen staff schedule in accordance with guest volume, guest experience expectations, production/presentation needs, and within budgetary guidelines.
Assist Executive Chef with training, evaluations, and development.
Oversee daily operation of kitchen facilities ensuring that all equipment is maintained and used within health and safety guidelines. Ensures kitchens are operating within San Bernardino County Health Department codes and guidelines.
Regularly monitors external and internal feedback and assists in taking proactive approaches and prompt corrective action to maintain the highest level of guest satisfaction.
Develops a relationship and collaborates with other leaders at Forest Home.
Active in issuing disciplinary measures such as verbal and written warnings
Performs monthly kitchen inspections per health and safety standards. Reports findings to Executive Chef.
Actively supports and participates in spiritual life activities.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Supervises Chef de Parties, Demi Chef de Parties Cooks, Baker, Hourly Cooks, and Kitchen Utility staff. Additionally, supervises other Food Service employees as necessary.
- Culinary degree or a minimum of 3 years professional cooking experience while being in a leadership position.
- Well rounded culinary experience, with an emphasis on leading, training, and menu planning.
- Valid food handlers card; ServSafe certified preferred.
- Commitment to food safety and a safe work environment at all times.
- Strong desire to serve excellent consistent cuisine with a heart for ministry.
- Knowledge of food trends, both in camping and general food service industry.
- Has a desire to create and implement new concepts and levels of service in a food service environment.
- Strong supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership ability.
- Able to provide service/support and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the Food Service Team or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Able to perform high quality work and maintain composure in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
Instructions to Apply: