Position: Senior Pastor
Job Description: Mountain Valley Church in Scottsdale, Arizona is seeking a Senior/Lead Pastor for a vibrant, grace filled, seeker congregation of approx. 350 people who come together in many ways - in learning and in faith, promoting healthy families,
and in discovering the kind of life God desires for each person every day.
Position Purpose: The Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the members of Mountain Valley Church. The Senior Pastor will teach and lead people into a life changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Supervision: The Senior Pastor serves alongside the Board of Directors and seeks guidance and affirmation from the Board members.
Responsibilities: Subject to review and adjustments in conjunction with the Board of Directors, the following constitute the major responsibilities of the Senior Pastor.
1. To regularly preach and teach the Word of God and administer communion to the congregation.
2. To plan and lead worship in conjunction with the Worship Leader.
3. To officiate at special services such as weddings and funerals, etc.
4. To shepherd and encourage the congregation to grow in their walk with Christ.
1. To oversee the administration and management of all areas of the church’s ministry in consultation with the Board and staff.
2. To support and assist the staff who have primary responsibilities in their ministries.
3. To support, supervise, manage and evaluate the staff in conjunction with the Board of Directors. To build a sense of team-work among church staff and hold regular staff meetings to coordinate the ministries of the church and facilitate communications.
1. To work with the Board, staff and congregation to promote, educate and advocate responsible biblical stewardship.
2. To assist the Board of Directors with financial matters of the church.
3. To oversee and promote congregational benevolence along with local and global missions.
1. To implement ministries and programs that will reach out to the un-churched, inactive and new residents of our community with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. To direct the assimilation of new members into the life of the congregation in conjunction with the board, ministries and staff of the church.
3. To encourage all ministries of the church to carry out their work with an emphasis on welcoming others to participate in the mission work of Christ.
General Pastoral Responsibilities:
1. To provide pastoral care in conjunction with board, staff and member caregivers through visitation, counseling and prayer.
2. To make appropriate referrals when necessary and quickly respond to urgent situations which arise in the congregation.
3. To support and encourage all those teaching children, youth and adults in small groups, bible studies and other programs offered to the congregations.
If interested, please submit your written resume along with a video or CD of two messages to: