Position Summary: The Children’s Ministry (Rock Kids) Pastor will oversee and direct a comprehensive Children’s Program (newborn through 5th grade) to grow children in their walk and understanding of Christ to accomplish the mission and vision of the Rock Church as it applies to children. This person will lead in the vision and development of the Rock Kids Ministry by recruiting, training and equipping staff and volunteers to support the children’s ministry programs. The Rock Kids Pastor will report to the SES Director. Qualified candidates should email their resume to email@example.com or fax to 619.223.3863 AND complete an application at www.sdrock.com/jobs.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops and implements a strategic ministry plan for Nursery through 5th grade.
- Casts vision to all Rock Kids staff, including multisite campuses and volunteers to guide and inspire the ministry team.
- Represents Rock Kids interests in collaborative and SES meetings.
- Submits weekly progress reports to SES leadership to track annual goals.
- Designs, establishes and maintains an effective organizational structure.
- Oversees the recruitment and training of volunteer leaders who have a passion to shepherd and discipline children.
- Provides Biblical guidance and counseling as needed to Rock Kids staff, volunteers, children and parents.
- Facilitates quarterly baptism class and baptisms.
- Provides direction and oversight over monthly Rock Kids 101 classes.
- Develops and maintains the Children’s Ministry budget.
- Researches, selects and monitors the effectiveness/appropriateness of curriculum used by all Sunday ministry departments.
- Provides on-going training support for all paid and volunteer staff, including enrichment workshops and training materials.
- Regularly communicates Rock Kids issues and concerns to the pastoral staff, ELT, SES and church body.
- Oversees the execution of all events, programs, and services for children (infants through 5th graders.)
- Provides support in launching Rock Kids at multisite campuses.
- Conducts quarterly meetings with Rock Kids multisite ensuring continuity on non-negotiables.
- Works collaboratively with Rock Kids Director to accomplish goals and vision of the Rock Kids Ministry.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the SES Director.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- At least five years experience in a management or leadership position directly related to Children’s Ministry and/or M.A. in Christian Education.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems, issues and situations, and apply resourcefulness in finding appropriate solutions to mitigate potential negative effects. Ability to follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the SES Director.
- Experience in conflict resolution based on Matthew 18 principles.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; responds promptly to requests for service and works well in group problem-solving situations; strong team player who meets commitments.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Christ-centered behavior at all times. i.e. treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15.
- Proactive participation in the Rock Governance system.
- Successful completion of both a background and reference check.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance.
- Regular attendee of a Rock Sunday service.
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings (and events, as needed).
- A tithe of 10% to the Rock.
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church employee handbook.
- Registered and active in the Rock A.R.M.Y.
Ability to function independently and ability to speak. Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs. (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of standing up and walking.
All employees of The Rock Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Rock Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1