Are you looking to join an excellent team in an established church that is seeking to make a huge impact on the world for Christ? Are you looking for an area and a church that is wholesome, kid-friendly and a great place to raise a family? Are you looking to be a part of a church that is all about others and not themselves? That is committed to know God, not simply about God? That is committed to to experiencing true body-life, not simply pot-luck dinners?
If so, read on. God may be moving us together.
Pastor of Adult Discipleship-making
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adult Disciple-Making
- Oversee the development and implementation of a cohesive and comprehensive strategy for helping adults to advance in their spiritual maturity.
- Oversee, vision-cast and develop LifeGroups (small groups) among our body. This would incorporate lay-shepherd recruitment, training, shepherding the shepherds. This is our primary tool for life transformation and community.
- Develop, support and strengthen the effective operation of all critical systems in our adult disciple-making ministries. These include our systems for adult assimilation, spiritual formation, leadership development and disciple –making communities (CLGs).
- Directly develop and supervise our church’s gender-specific disciple-making ministries to men.
- Occasional teaching.
- To serve as part of the biblical-communication team with occasional preaching.
- To serve as an integral part of the management team.
- Assimilation and Member Development
- Championing and overseeing the membership development process of our church in all facets, including development of membership materials, the conducting of member-related seminars and interviews, and shepherding the pipeline of individuals interested in pursuing membership.
- Assimilation of new attendees into the life of the church.
- Oversee the church’s total missions program.
- Direct participation in the Missions committee.
- Develop systems for missionary support, care, etc.
- Oversee team responsible for overseeing individual ministries mission involvement.
- Pre-marital and Wedding preparation
- Screening / interviewing of all couples to insure marriagability.
- Oversee, recruit and train for Pre-marital Counseling Class.
- Work with our Operations and Worship departments assessing our systems for weddings at FAC
- General Pastoral Duties - these include but are not limited to:
- Understanding and fully supporting the stated goals of First Alliance Church, as well as actively contributing to the achievement of those goals.
- Attending and actively contributing to all required meetings (Staff Chapel, Management Team, Missions team and others as assigned.
- Actively supporting and coordinating with other areas of ministry in our church such as student and children’s, task forces, church wide events and general staff responsibilities.
- Serving assigned days as the pastor-on-call.
- Performing other pastoral duties as assigned.
Documented Masters Level competencies in adult disciple-making or a closely related field.
Three + years demonstrated effectiveness in leading adult-disciple making ministries.
- Specific Competencies:
- Spiritual and relational maturity (especially demonstrated in personal lifestyle and family relationships)
- Expert knowledge in Bible, Theology, Spiritual Formation, and Leadership Development
- Expert Bible teacher, trainer, and mentor / coach of adults in different group settings.
- Strong people skills and emotional intelligence
- Strong leader of teams and small groups
- Strong skill in management of church budgets, systems, and staff
- Demonstrated expertise in both vision-casting and vision-attainment
- Demonstrated expertise in building and shepherding adult disciple-making communities.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship Ministries PastorBethel Church
- Fargo, North Dakota
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19