This Audio Visual Director will be responsible for providing audio support for various church productions including weekend services, mid week events and special events. This position is responsible for all audio aspects for events that take place in the
main sanctuary. Qualified candidates should email their resume to email@example.com or fax to 619.223.3863
AND complete an application at www.sdrock.com/jobs.
Job Responsibility and Duties:
The primary job functions of this position as listed below. This is not intended as an all-inclusive list; therefore, the Audio Video Director will be expected to perform other tasks as directed by the Creative Director.
- Offering oversight to the a/v functioning of Sunday services.
- Work closely with the Worship Pastor and Point Loma in providing a excellent Rock experience on Sunday services.
- Responsible for fulfilling audio requirements for all church functions.
- Responsible for fulfilling audio aspects for video production for specified church functions.
- Responsible for maintenance of equipment in the sanctuary.
- Researches equipment purchases.
- Researches and maintenance of necessary equipment.
- Develops and coordinates staff and volunteer teams.
- Oversees team of volunteers for weekend services.
- Trains and mobilizes volunteers to support weekly ministry events in the sanctuary.
- Provides Audio Support for offsite events (e.g. Easter, Outreach & Fundraising Events, etc.)
- And other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline or equivalent experience or certification, preferred but not required.
- 2-3 years in audio and video production experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Legible writing skills. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Ability to work in a fast pace deadline-oriented environment while fulfilling the customer service requirements of the position.
- Technical ability to work on a variety of sound/video/lighting systems.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with a team.
- Experience in managing projects and creative personnel.
- Demonstrated skills and techniques to recognize problems and apply timely and appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and follow-through to ensure effective resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on the vision and values of the Rock Church and the East County Department.
- Proven ability to interact in a consistently positive manner with external clientele, including applicants, volunteers, vendors, visitors and guests, using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility, respect and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, including excellence in oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint). Proficient in MAC operating systems.
- Ability to be firm but gracious in dealing with staff and ministry leaders.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining solid productivity and quality of work.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with timelines and short deadlines.
- Must be able to recognize and maintain confidentiality.
Expectations of Staff:
- Exhibit Christ centered behavior at all times by treating others with dignity, respect, compassion, and integrity. Christ-centered behavior at all times.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15.
- Proactive participation in the Rock governance system.
- Successful completion of both a background and reference check.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance.
- Regular attendee of a Rock Sunday service.
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events as needed. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Church Employee Handbook.
Qualified candidates must be able to lift up to 65 lbs. (with or without assistance), stand and walk for long periods of time, work independently and speak.
All employees of The Rock Church are at-will, and as such, are free to resign any time without reason. The Rock Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to
an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.